1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained Custom User Fields broken into groups

Seperate Custom User Fields (Personal Details, Prefrence Options, & Contacts Identites)

1. Mutt

Mutt Well-Known Member

Mutt submitted a new resource:

Custom User Fields broken into groups (version 1) - Seperate Custom User Fields (Personal Details, Prefrence Options, & Contacts Identites)

Read more about this resource...

2. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Hey Mutt, is there a way to do this and have some custom user fields available/viewable to certain usergroups?

3. Mutt

Mutt Well-Known Member

you mean you want to hide some of the stuff to some groups but viewable to others?

you could edit the same template again and wrap the entire template w/ a if
    Code:
    <xen:if is="!in_array({$field.field_id}, array('stuff_1', 'differentstuff_1')) OR {xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, x, y}">

</xen:if>
    change 'stuff_1', 'differentstuff_1' to a comma separated list of the field ids you want hidden from some
    change x,y to a comma separated list of usgergroup id #s that are allowed to see the fields

this will display any filed that isn't one of those listed & if it is one of them it will still display them anyway if you are in the list of usergroup ids

it will get a little trickier if you are using my category breaks because you might wind up hiding a break. fine tuning it will really depend on your situation. if you are going to hide a whole section, no problem. if it's just parts of a section I'd make sure the first one in the group isn't one of the one you hide. that way you won't lose the break.

it would get even trickier if you had some fields that some could see & others that others can see.

ArnyVee likes this.
  4. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

I was trying to find out how we would be able to add a custom user field that allow BB Code?

5. Mutt

Mutt Well-Known Member

I would like to know that as well.