Custom thread field option: hidden

Mr Lucky

You don't always want a thread field to display, for example on my classified forum I have a tickbox for users to say they agree to abide by the rules of that forum.

But there is not really any point in displaying that, it's more a thing that if there is any dispute I can always say "hang on matey, you agreed to these rules when you posted the item for sale..."

Currently I hide that field using css, but I think it would be useful to have this a fourth option:

So display of CTF:
  • Before Message
  • After message
  • Thread Status block
  • Hidden
You know it makes sense!

Please vote for this suggestion if you think it's a good one (likes don't count any more)

Last edited:
Upvote 20
I was trying to figure out how to do this. Or have only certain groups see it like staff.

Is there something we can put in the HTML section of the field to hide it from view?

Let me give you a simple example:

Is this a video? Yes/No
Let's say this question is in 5 forums.
Now I setup my Search Forum. The criteria is these 5 forums and answering Yes, and I name the node Videos. Boom, instant video gallery. BUT I don't want that question seen in the post.

Thanks

I would love to see this option added as well! I am allowing moderators to enter a property for the thread, which I will use internally, and do not want displayed to users. I was able to hide it with CSS, but an option to do so would be nice.

Top Bottom