Custom tabs...

Nodes as Tabs has been around longer, so of course it's going to have more downloads and ratings. Thus, those screenshots don't really answer the OP's question.

@click here, we personally use Nodes as Tabs.

Nodes as Tabs does exactly that; you can set a specific node/s to appear as tabs on the navigation.

Custom Tabs allows you to create custom tabs that aren't necessarily dependent on being a node.

If you think you just want to have nodes as tabs then go for that but if you think you might want more custom tabs down the line it might be worth installing custom tabs now and saving the hassle of switching (or having 2 similar addons) in the future.

Why not install both?
It makes more sense to install custom tabs as it does what Jake's does and more. Installing both seems redundant and a duplication of features and possibility any minimal overhead increases (though probably negligible).

Installing both also allows the OP to use both on his system to determine which one fits his needs better.

Best answer.

:)

I do like this from NaT
- This addon creates one new table called nat_options. All data for this addon is contained in that table. It doesn't change anything else in the database. As such, this addon can be disabled or uninstalled very easily without any lasting effects.

I do like this from NaT
- This addon creates one new table called nat_options. All data for this addon is contained in that table. It doesn't change anything else in the database. As such, this addon can be disabled or uninstalled very easily without any lasting effects.
You can always trust Jake to produce quality addons and if all you want to do is create tabs for nodes then I agree it is a perfect addon. If your future plans involve adding tabs that aren't nodes then future proof yourself by installing the custom tabs addon.

Top Bottom