1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Custom Route Addon

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by nrep, Aug 28, 2013.

1. nrep

nrep Well-Known Member

Hi Folks,

I'd be interested in getting a quote for a custom add-on that will allow me to change URL routes based on forum ID. For example, any thread in forum IDs 1,2,3 will be of the format /articles/threadname.123/ rather than /threads/threadname.123/

As you can guess, I'll primarily be using this for an articles sub-forum, but may also make a /news/ section too.

Please PM me details of your quote if this is something you would be interested in :)

Cheers,
    Ian

2. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Can you not do this with the built in route changer?

3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Not without specifying each individual route individually (which would only work for incoming links I believe, I haven't tested it), no, nrep couldn't.

4. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

You could also do this I think via .htaccess

5. nrep

nrep Well-Known Member

Not sure if that would be possible, as it's not possible to tell which forum a thread is in from the URL alone (plus it would be separate to the XF core, which would cause other problems when XF links to those threads).