1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Permissions

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Tracy Perry, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

How do you REMOVE a user from the custom user permissions area? I have not been able to figure this one out yet, and I've been playing with it for the last 2 hours.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Click on Quick check all: Not Set (No) at the top of the user's permissions page.

3. Tracy Perry

Have already done that... but they still show in in the "User Permissions" section. Shouldn't that remove them and they go back to being unlisted on that page?

4. Brogan

I can take a look if you are able to provide an admin log in.

Shelley likes this.
  5. Tracy Perry

Thanks! Info for login sent via conversation... you have Admin access.

6. Brogan

For future reference if anyone encounters the same issue.

The "Unlimited" and numeric values also need to be reset to default and 0 as shown below.

permissions.PNG

Clicking the grey Quick check all: Not Set (No) button at the top doesn't reset those so they need to be done manually.

Mian Shahid and Tracy Perry like this.
  7. Sparkiller

Sparkiller Member

Edit: Please ignore, forgot Mod-Status also keeps them in the list! Sorry!

I just moved from VB to XenForo and i tried to remove a custom permission using the steps above.
    But for some reason the numeric value resets to "Inherit" after saving, but ONLY when it's Zero.

So at the moment i can't seem to remove the custom users. Could that be a bug or am i missing something?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014