XF 2.0 Custom Page With PHP

erich

Hi,
I was wondering if I can create a dynamic page that has information about users? I'm basically creating a custom staff page and I'd like to pull in some dynamic data

1.) usernames with links to the profile page
2.) custom usergroup titles
3.) user avatars
4.) custom profile fields

Is this possible with the node pages? If so, how could I accomplish this? Is there a tutorial someplace I can read up on?

You can do that with a template and a route. Just look at any given template how they link avatars and users, and at the member controller route for the staff page. You can display custom user fields with {$xf.visitor.Profile.custom_fields.fieldName}.
Then create the template, create a new route and as controller copy all the stuff from the member controller. Basically that's it.

You can do that with a template and a route. Just look at any given template how they link avatars and users, and at the member controller route for the staff page. You can display custom user fields with {$xf.visitor.Profile.custom_fields.fieldName}.
Then create the template, create a new route and as controller copy all the stuff from the member controller. Basically that's it.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like a foreign language to me. I’m from IPS so I don’t understand the controllers/routes that are I Xen.

@AndyB might be able to do something like this, https://xenforo.com/community/resources/moderators.2968/ but listing all staff along with what is required.

Appreciate the info. I really would like to learn how to build pages with dynamic information vs have an add on built.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like a foreign language to me. I’m from IPS so I don’t understand the controllers/routes that are I Xen.

Appreciate the info. I really would like to learn how to build pages with dynamic information vs have an add on built.

Well then since what yoloswaggerino suggestead to you sounds foreign, you are going to have a hard time make your own medium/hard customizations.

If you really want to know how to do customizations have a read here.

In the past, before I moved to paid forums, I used Mybb. Mybb had an addon called "Xthreads" and I could do some serious customization with it. I have yet to find anything like it for a paid software.

Top Bottom