XF 2.2 Custom Page node for index not showing any content from template html

pfar54

I am trying to create a custom homepage. No matter what I put in the HTML section, nothing will populate.

Am I missing something really basic here?

1618280247637.webp

Options page:

1618280292690.webp

From the screenshot, there is nothing which would cause any issues - especially the content between the p tags.

I checked your site the the page content is evaluating to empty, so either some third party code is involved, or something else is interfering with the page generation.

From the screenshot, there is nothing which would cause any issues - especially the content between the p tags.

I checked your site the the page content is evaluating to empty, so either some third party code is involved, or something else is interfering with the page generation.
Thanks for checking out. Much appreciated.

There isn't any other third party code involved. Is there another setting within XF that could be causing this?

I've grabbed the ticket but it's approaching 2100 here so may not have time to look into it tonight.

I will need an admin log in though.

This is resolved.

The server error notice on the ACP index page identified the issue - it was due to invalid widget keys, which prevented the page from saving and rendering.

It's a good habit to get into of checking the server error log - it is usually good at highlighting what the issue is.

I sent the following in our ticket chat, but though the answer here may help others.

Thanks for your help! Why doesn't the comment function work around the widget keys? That is what threw me off. I would comment them out and it still wouldn't work.

Commenting content in that manner only prevents it being displayed in the output, it doesn't stop XF from trying to compile the template.

You should use this instead:
HTML:
<xf:comment>Content</xf:comment>

Top Bottom