Add-on Custom livechat + app - XF2

Betclever

Hi all,

The goal of this project is having a livechat + an app for the livechat which is linked with the forum.

Requirements:
  • Rooms
  • Dedicated guest room with nickname support
  • Archive with search criteria
  • Top chatters page
  • Private conversations "with permissions"
  • Sound, desktop & browser tab notification
  • Global user commands.
  • Custom user commands (Can be used to set predefined messages/responses via command)
  • User settings
  • User status
  • User group permissions
  • User sanctions (Mute/Kick/Ban)
  • User image uploads
  • Style properties
  • Lots of admin options to enable/disable certain features
  • Bot notifications for new threads, new posts, new users, new Resource Manager resources, new Media Gallery albums/media/comments
  • Bot responses that can be trigger by predefined keywords
  • Bot messages that are posted automatically at set time/date
  • Display notices in rotation (can be edited via the built in rich text editor)
  • Display ads in rotation
  • Set chat rules page
  • Rooms widget
  • Top chatters widget
  • Active users widget
I would like an app for Android and IOS aswell.
If possible NodeJS for avoiding perpetual requests/queries to server.

Last edited:

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
If possible NodeJS for avoiding requests/queries to server.

This doesn't make sense. Even if it were made in NodeJS (which may or may not be ideal), it would still require requests to a server - the Node application would just be acting as the server in this instance.

Betclever

This doesn't make sense. Even if it were made in NodeJS (which may or may not be ideal), it would still require requests to a server - the Node application would just be acting as the server in this instance.

Ajax vs NodeJS, you can't imagine the gain in performances for a livechat system... Just try and you will see.
I mean, I know, the system only send a query if someone is chatting... That's a big dif...

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Ajax vs NodeJS, you can't imagine the gain in performances for a livechat system... Just try and you will see.
I mean, I know, the system only send a query if someone is chatting... That's a big dif...

I think you're misunderstanding what NodeJS is. It's a server-side language. A program written in NodeJS would be executed on a remote server - it may or may not be programmed to be a server, listening for requests etc. Ajax is a completely different system, provided by browsers via their JS engines...

I think what you're actually wanting is a websockets system, so rather than the chat system polling for new messages (I.E sending a request to the server every x seconds to check for new messages), new messages are pushed directly to each connected client.

Betclever

I think you're misunderstanding what NodeJS is. It's a server-side language. A program written in NodeJS would be executed on a remote server - it may or may not be programmed to be a server, listening for requests etc. Ajax is a completely different system, provided by browsers via their JS engines...

I think what you're actually wanting is a websockets system, so rather than the chat system polling for new messages (I.E sending a request to the server every x seconds to check for new messages), new messages are pushed directly to each connected client.

Yes, that's what I want so sorry for the misunderstanding. :)