Not a bug Custom bbcode not previewing in signature editor box

Mr Lucky

Affected version
I have created custom BBCODES, ticked allow in signature.

However when creating or editing a signature the BBCODE itself is showing in the Signature box after saving.

The rendered bbcode shows fine in the actual signature under a post, it just does not show as a rendered preview in the signature creation box in your account. All the standrad text editor bbcode shows fine there, just custom bbcode seems to have an issue.

This is actually expected unless it is a BB code has special handling to render them in the editor.

Of course many BB codes do, such as B, I, U, S, text colours, size, font, links, images, smilies etc.

But many BB codes do not. This includes built-in ones including media embeds, quotes, spoilers, code tags and so on. You also don't see these tags rendered when composing or editing an existing post.

This is actually a feature we want to have in future - a full WYSIWYG experience (though even that can have its own problems).

This is actually expected unless it is a BB code has special handling to render them in the editor.

Of course many BB codes do, such as B, I, U, S, text colours, size, font, links, images, smilies etc.

But many BB codes do not. This includes built-in ones including media embeds, quotes, spoilers, code tags and so on. You also don't see these tags rendered when composing or editing an existing post.

This is actually a feature we want to have in future - a full WYSIWYG experience (though even that can have its own problems).
But even basic BBCodes like B, I, U, etc., are not available in BBCode view, even here.

@Chris D - Also, this post was moved here. I posted it in Suggestions, not Bug Reports, intentionally to try to get support for this in a future version.

Wrong thread. Delete or ignore please.

Last edited:
I think you’re mistaken

7967556A-967F-42D7-87C0-914DD4F372CE.webp

The formatting is displayed and available to use in signatures so I’m not really sure what you’re referring to.

Also I’m not sure which post you’re referring to being posted in suggestions and moved here.

Top Bottom