XF 1.1 Custom Avatars won't import. Please help

OakleyForum

I am in the process of importing my site, and for some reason despite it working in testing. Custom avatars will not import. Every time I go to import them it says 0 imported. I am using import tools to allow me only to import custom avatars in order to avoid duplicate content. I have tried everything I can think of including chmod777 folders and changing the relative path to absolute.

Any ideas?

I am using import tools to allow me only to import custom avatars in order to avoid duplicate content.

Hmm, red flag. Incremental imports are not supported. There is no easy way to bring in only new content since the last import. You should run the entire import again and use your test forum as a point of reference rather than trying to build onto your test forum.

Always avoid running the same import multiple times on the same installation of XenForo. The problem of duplicate content can't be avoided.

I wasn't running an incremental import. I created a master database with all of my configs then uploaded it to the live server and ran the import fresh.

Could you tell me what table the avatar information is stored in, in mysql?

I wasn't running an incremental import. I created a master database with all of my configs then uploaded it to the live server and ran the import fresh.

Could you tell me what table the avatar information is stored in, in mysql?
The thing is the avatars are resized into 3 sizes and are stored like this: 1-999 -> 0, 1000 - 1999 -> 1, 2000 - 2999 -> 2 (you get the idea), it's hard to do this manually.

I really suggests another fresh import.

Whats odd. Is I created a fresh xenforo install on localhost and attempted to import my vbulletin data, and it still found 0 custom avatars. Even more odd is 2-3 days ago when I tested, it found them all. Any reason this would occur?

Then I suspect there is a problem with the source avatars. How are vB's custom avatars being stored? Database or file system? If they are in the file system then make sure the paths are specified correctly in vB and during the import.

And please note that the owners of the avatars must have been imported during the current import session. The avatar import module in the built-in importer depends on the user module.

I am using import tools to allow me only to import custom avatars in order to avoid duplicate content.

Is that the built-in vB importer?

Top Bottom