Custom Addon + MongoDB?

MonsieurApple

Hi everyone-

I would like to try and create an add-on that adds another page and displays information that is taken from a mongodb database.

I googled around and couldn't find any useful developer documentation. Is integrating data from mongo even possible?

Let me know!

Zend supports Mongo, so ya is very possible. May I ask why you want to go the Mongo way? For example, Twitter and Facebook are moving away from Cassandra and go back to MySQL.

Zend supports Mongo, so ya is very possible. May I ask why you want to go the Mongo way? For example, Twitter and Facebook are moving away from Cassandra and go back to MySQL.
Mostly because I'm trying to integrate it through like 4 different languages and a schema-less form makes it more worry free. I'm not sure really, it just seems to make sense honestly.

Anyways, what is "Zend"? I've looked everywhere for "How to make an addon" and can't find anything.

On http://xenforo.com/help/add-ons/ it says "Add-on Development" "This will be covered in our developer documentation." Is there any developer documentation? I can't seem to find any.

Maybe move their main functional but not all? MySql has Consistency and Availability, therefore it can't have Partition Tolerance. So something else also should be used for such giants.

Theoretically by looking at the current structure, there are practically no JOIN's used on Facebook or Twitter. So a simple MySQL (+ Memcached cached) query will be ultra fast. Facebook hired few of the top MySQL developers/techs, I guess they are lurking on some major changes if not done already.

Top Bottom