******* - Current Forum Viewers [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

[1.2.x] Current Forum Viewers/Browsers - It displays users who are currently viewing a forum

This mod will show all the current users and/or guests that are viewing/browsing a forum/s during a session.

Regarding users who log in anonymously will not show up. Users with permissions to bypass privacy with still be able to view the invisible users.

This mod is group permission based.

To allow/prevent a group to view the current users and/or guests that are viewing/browsing a forum/s during a session list go to the Usergroups and at the Permissions area below the forum Permissions...

Read more about this resource...

@borbole Could it be possible to add "number viewing forum" function up on forums list like it was on classic vB 3? I'm missing It since the very first xF experience and I believe not only me.

Sure. You can see It in brackets under forum's name.

Attachments

• viewing_exmpl.webp
    viewing_exmpl.webp
    103.8 KB · Views: 35
Thanks. I see what you mean now. Personally I think that would be best done as a separate mod. I can code such a mod for you for a fee. Or if you buy this mod I can add that in my mod as well for an extra fee.

I do not mind at all. I'll buy this mod and another one which shows thread viewers. Then tell me please how much it would be for an extra fee.

I love this addon however I would like to suggest some added functionality:

for current forum viewers shouldnt it also display the members that are in a thread in that forum towards the total count? right now it only shows people who are sitting in the thread list but not people inside a thread

also if in the forum index there could be a display to show how many people are viewing that section, like (3 members and 10 guests currently viewing) next to the name of the forum section

I love this addon however I would like to suggest some added functionality:

for current forum viewers shouldnt it also display the members that are in a thread in that forum towards the total count? right now it only shows people who are sitting in the thread list but not people inside a thread

also if in the forum index there could be a display to show how many people are viewing that section, like (3 members and 10 guests currently viewing) next to the name of the forum section

I made them separately because atm when I coded them they were requested as such. Regarding the the display of the users/guests they are already shown/displayed with count at the display box.

Or did you mean at the forum list? If that is what you meant then that would require quite some changes and I think it is best done as an apart mod.

when i was testing it after install i saw that a few members were in a particular thread and i new the forum it was in so when i went there it didnt show that they were in the forum but they were indeed in the thread which i knew b/c of your other addon

as for the forum index im talking about something really simple like this:

f72eec884d31681d4f77e03d2b468b0f.png

+1

I installed it, but switched it off again - it currently just shows people reading the threadlist. IMHO it should also add those, who are inside the threads below...

I guess @oVR (and myself) meant this:

###
Forum A

Currently Active Users

- Thread 1
- Thread 2
- Thread 3
###

Currently Active Users would include users inside the Forum A and also users inside Thread 1, Thread 2 and so on...

I guess @oVR (and myself) meant this:

###
Forum A

Currently Active Users

- Thread 1
- Thread 2
- Thread 3
###

Currently Active Users would include users inside the Forum A and also users inside Thread 1, Thread 2 and so on...

Yeah I was also very disappointed it didn't work like that and show the actual number of people in the forum and contained threads like vbulletin does :(

I switched it straight off as well, seems kind of pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom