1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Curious Super Administrative posting issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Bionic Rooster, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Bionic Rooster

Bionic Rooster Well-Known Member

Noob question.
    Super Administrative position should have global powers right? Yet when SA (me) is logged in there are some folders saying (You have insufficient privileges to post here.)I can do all the admin stuff like delete, lock, sticky and even edit title or the post but I don't have the power to post a thread in that category. Am I missing something?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Use the permissions analyzer.

Administrators are subject to the same usergroup and node permissions as all other users.

3. Bionic Rooster

Using permissions analyzer it shows I have everything marked as Yes.
    Do you mean I have to go to Super Administrative permissions (Edit User Group Administrative) and put all the permissions to Allow?

4. Brogan

5. Bionic Rooster

Ok, I've read that, checked to make sure Super Admin's primary group was "Registered". It also has secondary User Groups checked for Administrative and Moderator.
    I went to Node Permissions and checked that Admin has permission to post new thread and reply.
    No joy, I still get this
    (You have insufficient privileges to post here.)
    I'm lost at this point, can I PM you?

6. Brogan

Yes, send me a PM with admin login details and I can take a look.

7. Bionic Rooster

Issue resolved, for others benefit when making a read only node, give admin posting permission but revoke registered members posting privilege.

Thanks @Brogan

8. Brogan

And don't forget to check this ;)

upload_2013-12-2_22-2-47.png

9. Bionic Rooster

Yup right on ;)