Curious about Media and Resource Manager

Talaysen

I'm going to be working on a project where users can upload pictures and video, and if they so choose, sell those pictures and videos. In some cases, it will be a group of pictures (say, 10) in a zip file, or a link to a file download that will be delivered by the user via e-mail or PM.

I'm trying to figure out which would be better for this purpose.
I could use the Media addon, users could create private albums and sell access to those albums. That'd work well for pictures, and gives me the ability to see that these orders have been fulfilled, in the event of a dispute.
Because videos can't be uploaded, it doesn't really help with that purpose, but I suppose neither does the RM.

I'm just looking for suggestions. Not all pictures or all videos will be paid, though much of it will be.
The two systems together for this purpose seems redundant, though I guess the RM could be used only (strictly) for paid services, and the Media could be used for either/or.

Additionally, since the RM utilizes 3rd party processing for payment, I'm assuming there's no method to gain commission off of sales, for the website?
I suppose there's always the option of selling member upgrades..

I did try the demo, and I was still kind of on the fence about which to use, or both.
I'm leaning towards both, but if anyone has any suggestions that'd make more sense, I'm open to it.

Top Bottom