1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shamil, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Anyone have all of these certifications?
  2. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

Why would anybody want them, unless it's to make someone's ego happy?
  3. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I've got CSM simply because I wanted to know how to implement Scrum properly in a field, but in terms of project delivery, others could be useful, no?
  4. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

In the old days of business cards, all of the people I worked with that had certifications listed on their business card were the ones that knew all the buzzwords, but had no real-world experience with their certifications, but maybe that was just a local phase for a while.

They might help a person get into a specific project or job, but I tend to stay away from those projects that require that type of expertise because it seems that the clients/employers don't really know how their methodologies work if they think certifications can deliver a better product.
  5. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

One of the reasons I wanted to learn about Scrum, and in general, agile, is because one of the most frustrating things happened... we built a component of software, it took me about 3 weeks to do this. Today, it was scrapped. What I noticed were deficiencies and a little lack of collaboration - not to mention, I didn't even see the feature because it was 1 line in a Technical Specification document. Apart from that, we have daily scrum meetings (it's just a report meeting), but that's all - there is no real concept of anything agile as such, the team is just too flexible.
  6. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member