Cryptix BBcode Media Site [Deleted]

EQnoble

I see no reason for this to be added to the main media pack....

This should be created solely indiv addon, and not included in the main pack.

The last thing a forum needs is people passing encrypted messages that others can not
read, then it turns out to be terrorists are planning something, and if you include this
in the main pack, then a forum has to decide to use all of it, or uninstall, and encryption
does not serve as any useful content, and probably will just annoy other forum members....

I see no reason for this to be added to the main media pack....

This should be created solely indiv addon, and not included in the main pack.

The last thing a forum needs is people passing encrypted messages that others can not
read, then it turns out to be terrorists are planning something, and if you include this
in the main pack, then a forum has to decide to use all of it, or uninstall, and encryption
does not serve as any useful content, and probably will just annoy other forum members....

A bbcode can be removed from the pack quite easily. You click on the big X next to the bbcode and then say OK. It is pretty simple..it takes less time than it took you to reply to this.

I am not a terrorist, nor do I terrorize people, nor is that what this is intended for, if you don't think the people on your adult forum are responsible enough to have this tool...don't use it. It is that simple, since you are in fact not the one who maintains all of the bbcodes in the pack, what you see reason for has no relevance and I see no reason for you to have anything to say either way about the choice to include my works where I want to.

that is nice to know, thanks for letting me know this...

You are missing the point. I am not accusing you of being the terrorist...
I just do not think this serves any real purpose being in the mainstream of general forums....
Responsible? Can the forum owner see the encrypted messages? If not, then responsibly would be not to use it....
and I never said do not release it; I only said it should be by itself, as it it serves no merit for any responsible forum.

I only see two purposes for this.
1: Kiddies that want to hide prying eyes of their parents.
2: People that want to do bad things, and want to encrypt their messages.

Sorry, it was never my intent to offend you....

A bbcode can be removed from the pack quite easily. You click on the big X next to the bbcode and then say OK. It is pretty simple..it takes less time than it took you to reply to this.

I am not a terrorist, nor do I terrorize people, nor is that what this is intended for, if you don't think the people on your adult forum are responsible enough to have this tool...don't use it. It is that simple, since you are in fact not the one who maintains all of the bbcodes in the pack, what you see reason for has no relevance and I see no reason for you to have anything to say either way about the choice to include my works where I want to.

that is nice to know, thanks for letting me know this...

You are missing the point. I am not accusing you of being the terrorist...
I just do not think this serves any real purpose being in the mainstream of general forums....
Responsible? Can the forum owner see the encrypted messages? If not, then responsibly would be not to use it....
and I never said do not release it; I only said it should be by itself, as it it serves no merit for any responsible forum.

I only see two purposes for this.
1: Kiddies that want to hide prying eyes of their parents.
2: People that want to do bad things, and want to encrypt their messages.

Sorry, it was never my intent to offend you....
No offense taken, we are arguing merits here no?

I can demonstrate in this post right here why encrypting text does nothing to aid someone over any other method. Anything can be a cipher and anything can be a medium.

I just demonstrated that...(13a) is the key to the sentence I just typed above...if you know what that key means...you just discovered what the message hidden in plain text says. If you read the sentence as it was written you had no clue that you were reading a cypher. I can use any site that allows me to sign up and post to hide a msg within a msg and as long as a friend has the key they can communicate with me and even more pertinent to the situation, even the most responsible admin would not know that the secret msg even existed.

Personally I plan on using this to see if people are willing to make an effort, if people can not make the effort to solve a riddle they do not have the answer...and that answer will be the password to a zip download available as a resource only shared on my site. There is many reasons a user can choose to use it including a site admin.

here is an example of this I used in communication with someone here

exercendum verba?
EQnoble said:
Omnia mea mecum senatus invasit.

Quorum unus carissimum amicum.

Fracto corpore, iuxta finem vitae, haec ultima verba eloquor.

What were they.

:) hope you get it.

It is a simple riddle involving classic literature

Also one can go into the media sites section of the ACP and choose not to display this on a list of available bbcodes. And then at that someone would have to know my site exists...which most people don't.

You do bring up a couple of interesting points however and I suppose I could rewrite this in a way that gets installed on an admins server and lets that admin define a master key so that if an admin wants to check the content they can.

My point was I am not going to not make something that I consider to be useful (entertainment is useful to me) unavailable because some idiots might abuse it. You also have to think though, if it is such a big deal, you can't share images either because it is not that hard to inject a msg into an image. I just can't believe that people with ill will towards something or that want to do harm in general would use a public post to share information of that nature, encrypted or not.

Top Bottom