1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cron Update doesn't work on live site - static function?

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by chrisj, Jul 18, 2012.

1. chrisj

chrisj Active Member

My local site is running on 5.4.3. The cron works perfectly although I wasn't familiar with static functions but fixed it by creating a helper class. The cron is very complex so I have many functions which access all the different models and data writers in my add-on.

My live site is running on 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.9. It uses apc. When I run the cron, it breaks right when it creates the helper class.

I tried creating the class using new, XenForo_Model::create, and by using one of the other models to create the helper class. Each way works on my local site but not on my live site.

Edit:
    No errors are showing up in the server error log.

This line also seemed to be causing a problem. When it was uncommented it caused php to crash before the class was loaded even though it is in that class:
    PHP:
    $xfUserModel XenForo_Model::create('Xenforo_Model_User');
    $dwPsnUser->set('username'$xfUserModel->getUserById($ufvWithPsnUser['ufv_user_id'])['username']);
    Again, works in local site, not in live.

2. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

A bit of a stretch and maybe nothing to do with your original problem, but make sure it's
    PHP:
    $xfUserModel XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_User');
    .. with a capital F.

chrisj and Jake Bunce like this.
  3. chrisj

chrisj Active Member

Thanks, that wasn't the issue but it is good practice.

I solved one problem which was I didn't have the curl extension installed.

This code is still causing an error on live:
    PHP:
    $xfUserModel->getUserById($ufvWithPsnUser['ufv_user_id'])['username'];

4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

PHP:
    xfUserModel->getUserById($ufvWithPsnUser['ufv_user_id'])['username'];
    this doesn't work with php < 5.4

try
    $user = xfUserModel->getUserById($ufvWithPsnUser['ufv_user_id']);
    $username = $user['username'];

chrisj likes this.