XF 1.5 Cron setup & cache question

Liquor

Hi,

sorry to bring up such a trivial topic, but I can't find any information regarding this.

What is the actual cron request I am setting up for FX?

I assume it's an every minute ping, but which file do I target?

And regards cache, once enabling cache
Code:
// $config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
// $config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
// $config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';
// $config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;
// $config['cache']['backend'] = 'Apc';

the whole page runs like a dog, any info i should know about the caching process?

Last edited:
Hmm, if I keep refreshing the board index, I might get a blank page from time to time. Kinda confused, no errors, no logs, nothing.
Could be firewall, could be an oversold hosting plan, could be a poorly configured setup.
More information is required before a general response can be given.
Shared hosting?
VPS?
Dedicated server?
What HTTP server?
What caching being used?

Amazon Ec2 t2.medium
nginx
php7.1-fpm
phpinfo: http://www.positivus.net/info.php
using redis for backend

the admin side of things are skyrocketing .. super fast and fluent..
so far i have confirmed that it the slowness has not been caused by remote sql (RDS), i installed a local copy, same thing. Also cache enable/disable gives 0 improvements.

They are installed, but the only redis is in use. As I am trying to find the issue. Once the issue resolved I shall remove one of them.
From what I can gather so far, if I have front end cache as Core it has this slowness, if I dont it runs smoothly, however, the login feature does not want to play game, it just gets blank page

edit:
ignore the login issue, i was dumb, playing with the config tried to set the cookie domain while im at it

so yes, front end cache - what can i do here, I would expect that the Core element generates a cache that gets used, but from the feel of the flow, it seems like it is generating something, but I dont believe its re-using anything

Last edited:
I did flush the redis cache yes.
Am I right in thinking that the backend cache stores phrases, listener relations, some content, templates etc..
And the Front end cache storing css&js?

I've confirmed that redis works 100% so what am i doing wrong haha
xJVFG4C.png

bJzylXF.png

Omg, ok. Your discourage ip feature works ;)
I must have forgotten to remove it after playing with it, as it was the last feature I played with before dealing with the cache.
I truly apologise for the wasted time.

Top Bottom