Credits [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some more checking on the credits resetting. It seems that when I modify a user from the admin panel the credits reset to 0. Might want to look into that.

Looks excellent add-on .. I have installed the add-on and I guess it is just perfect

I would just like to suggest below features because they are must in my forum atleast:-
1. Restrict one day credits to 10 or 20 dollars because in my forum I give real money to users against credits and I don't want my users to earn more than say 10 or 15 credits in a day. If it will take time then please let me know if it is possible to do by making some code changes. I don't want my users to earn 100-200 dollars in a day and make me bankrupt :P

2. Restrict Post New Thread and Post New Reply credits in particular forum. Let's say I have one forum Chat where I don't want users to give credits when they post new thread. For all other forums I want to have same credits :)

This is one of my most favourite addons, thank you so much for theis super bit of coding and thank you even more for releasing it free.

I do have 1 small issue though. I am not sure if it is a problem with the way I have set it up or if it is a little bug.

I received an alert saying someone is following me
I then received an alert telling me I have lost 10credits for them following me.

from..
mysite.com/index.php?account/alerts

credits1.png

I checked the transaction logs and the system has awared me 10credits not removed 10credits

Here is my setup screen for that action...
credits2.png

as you can see I left everything standard.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks for your help

Can someone please confirm if this IS compatible with the latest xenforo version 1.1.4 ?

Please let me know ASAP, so I can upgrade to 1.1.4

Thanks.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method *******_Credits_Model_Credit::updateUserCredits() in /home/onyxhub/public_html/library/*******/Credits/DataWriter/Transaction.php on line 97

Get that when trying to delete a transaction in the admin CP

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where is the Insert and Update query for credits (Post New thread/Discussion and Post New Message)... I want to do some changes in that file... Please tell me .. it is very urgent :(... as my users are getting a hell lot of credit :(.. I want to disable giving credits for particular forums...

I am just curious what you use "credits" for on your site?
Do you use it with any other addons that work with "credits"
as it does not really say what other addons it will work with....

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where is the Insert and Update query for credits (Post New thread/Discussion and Post New Message)... I want to do some changes in that file... Please tell me .. it is very urgent :(... as my users are getting a hell lot of credit :(.. I want to disable giving credits for particular forums...
Look in the DataWriters for Discussion/ and DiscussionMessage/Post. Edit those.

Can someone please confirm if this IS compatible with the latest xenforo version 1.1.4 ?

Please let me know ASAP, so I can upgrade to 1.1.4

Thanks.

I'm running credits on 1.1.4 and it is working fine... But I'm using very limited functionality of this add-on :)... Not sure about full functionality whether it will work fine on 1.1.4 or not...

So members earn credits for doing certain tasks, then what?
If the only thing members can do is rack up credits, and not be
able to spend them on much of anything; doesnt seem all that useful....

In order to be good, any credit system needs a lot of addons that it can work with so
members can spend the credits, even forum services such as members using their
credits to buy monthly advertising, sig stuff, thread icons (not for general public)
monthly account upgrades so members can keep spending their credits.

There is no incentive for member activity if they have 10k credits they cant spend,
of course if you have some pockets, then I guess you can convert their credits to cash....
I would much rather for members to be able to use their credits on playing games,
paying for membership stuff, extra forum stuff, gambling, whatever....

I'm running credits on 1.1.4 and it is working fine... But I'm using very limited functionality of this add-on :)... Not sure about full functionality whether it will work fine on 1.1.4 or not...

I would discourage paying cash for obvious reasons; Spam, low quality post content, bumps.
In the past, I did pay members for posts, but 99% of the posts were very low quality, or meaningless posts,
as the member was only interested in getting paid, regardless of the junk they leave on the wayside....
in the overview, I can see many ways members can earn credits, but nothing on how they are to spend them...

Looks excellent add-on .. I have installed the add-on and I guess it is just perfect

I would just like to suggest below features because they are must in my forum atleast:-
1. Restrict one day credits to 10 or 20 dollars because in my forum I give real money to users against credits and I don't want my users to earn more than say 10 or 15 credits in a day. If it will take time then please let me know if it is possible to do by making some code changes. I don't want my users to earn 100-200 dollars in a day and make me bankrupt :p

2. Restrict Post New Thread and Post New Reply credits in particular forum. Let's say I have one forum Chat where I don't want users to give credits when they post new thread. For all other forums I want to have same credits :)

I would discourage paying cash for obvious reasons; Spam, low quality post content, bumps.
In the past, I did pay members for posts, but 99% of the posts were very low quality, or meaningless posts,
as the member was only interested in getting paid, regardless of the junk they leave on the wayside....
in the overview, I can see many ways members can earn credits, but nothing on how they are to spend them...

Well I run an affiliate website... It is online shopping deal forum... Where I have partnership with more than 500 online shopping stores.. So even if 1 out of 10 post is having meaningful content then it is very much serving my purpose... I'm earning from the content posted by my members only.. if they will stop posting content then there will be no earning... Hence it's very vital for me to pay them money for the content posted by them...

And I have other chit-chat forums too where I want users to restrict credits coz I dnt earn from chit chat postings... I earn from only affiliate links posted by them... I hope I answered ur question why I'm paying them real cash!!

To anyone having an issue with changing a user from the admin panel wiping credits:

http://www.*******.com/threads/users-credit-is-set-to-0-when-changing-groups.99/

To sum it up, if your admin panel's "Edit User" form does not have a field for Credits and Credit Id you can either comment out the contents of *******/Credits/ControllerAdmin/User.php's brcActionSave method, or add fields with ids of 'credits' and 'currency_id' to your edit user admin template to fix the issue, it's a matter of whether you want a user's credits to be editable on their user edit page in the admin panel or not.

Does this have a trophy criteria? I would like to award users a trophy if someone donates 1,000 points OR if they reach 1,000 points.

Until the issue of credits being reset is fixed, this mod is still at 50%, and almost useless for those that have multiple usergroups.

that sucks indeed...

I can see great potential in a very good credit system if it is well integrated into the forum, as I could imagine
all types of possibles that members can use the credit system to buy forum options/monthly subscriptions;
rather then paying real cash, members pay via credits earned doing certain tasks...pay x amount of credits
to maintain monthly signature; earn x amounts of credits to maintain monthly subscription to have
access to certain parts of the forum; Arcade Access; I can see a lot of endless forum options to earn credits in order
to maintain certain forum privileges; not including any addons that credits system could support also...

possiblies are endless, but the credit system would have to be constantly maintained
in order to provide best performance of the credit system; If i were to ask XF to make something
so useful as this as a core feature, then it would be a fully featured credit system that could do
wonders so members can earn their way though the forum, much better for them then real cash....

to say the least, it should be a paid mod, as long as it is
very well supported; would be very much worth it...

I do not mind doing some of this stuff manually, but I would
rather it be completely automated so members can purchase the monthly
options they want; It would actually give the credit system a true purpose,
and members have the incentive to post, then buy forum options with their credits...

then maybe create a simple frame work so 3rd party addon developers can
intregrate their addon with the credit system, and it just gives that much
more power what members can buy with their credits....

But if the credit system is just half baked, and the developer isnt
going much further with it, then there is no point, maybe he will
turn it over to another coder that can see the possibilities...

Until the issue of credits being reset is fixed, this mod is still at 50%, and almost useless for those that have multiple usergroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom