Creating iPhone apps?

D37

Hey everyone, how difficult is it to create iPhone apps? I'm really interested in learning how to create them and am thinking of possibly taking some courses at school...

Do you know how to code? If so, I recently picked up The Big Nerd Ranch's "iPhone Programming" I used it to learn Objective-C before. And I'm using it to learn it again w/ specific applications to iPhone programming.

I have a friend who after got laid off, learn how to make iphone app, open a small company with his buddies and created their first app.
It's not a process that everyone can take on, certainly no sure success.

He wrote a long post on our website showing the whole process and what he would do differently now from his experience
http://www.quantnet.com/from-financial-engineering-to-iphone-app-development/

Wow great link. Thank you. Very inspiring!

Do you know how to code? If so, I recently picked up The Big Nerd Ranch's "iPhone Programming" I used it to learn Objective-C before. And I'm using it to learn it again w/ specific applications to iPhone programming.

I don't know how to code. Well I know a bit on how to use Visual Basic, but that's about it... I'm going to pick up a few books and start reading up...

How much money can be made from a decent app do you guys think?

Also, what program do you guys use to code with? I was taking a look at Coda... is that one good?
For the iPhone? Use Xcode. Coda doesn't have the capabilities to compile, debug, etc. that you'll need. It depends on the app. The app I will be creating is Free, based on the nature of the app. But, definitely don't use Coda for iPhone.

Top Bottom