Creating a "Library"for fanfiction in a Node

Disciple of Nagash

I'm trying to figure out the best way to create a library for my members, especially something that will help circulate older content. I suppose to some extent it's a bit of an index.

Currently members post their fanfic in threads, either one off as short stories, or multiple posts for novels - that's all fine. But over time they all get lost in the mix.

Ideally what I'd like to do is to have something that easily overlays, so assuming the fanfiction is prefixed or tagged up right, people can search for material based on:
  • Genre/Tags
  • Author
  • Type (short story / backgrounds of characters etc)
  • Even better would be something you can tick to indicate you've read that one
Are there any addons or blend of addons / use of XF functionality that could accomplish list?

That was / is a problem me as well. I ended up getting the Multi Prefix by: Xon. It allows uses to filter content by clicking the prefix.

You know.....the resource manager might be a really good call. Certainly having the initial content and keeping that clean, then the discussion alongside works well. Plus the advanced search. Can it be renamed, to library or similar?

I was looking at Xon's Threadmarks but for the price, the resource manager might do the job.

Can you have multiple instances of the resource manager on one XF instance? So if I wanted one for stories, and then another one for something else etc

Hey @MattW - unfortunately I can't find that resource here?

You know.....the resource manager might be a really good call. Certainly having the initial content and keeping that clean, then the discussion alongside works well. Plus the advanced search. Can it be renamed, to library or similar?

I was looking at Xon's Threadmarks but for the price, the resource manager might do the job.

Can you have multiple instances of the resource manager on one XF instance? So if I wanted one for stories, and then another one for something else etc

Yes. You can rename it to whatever you want using public navigation and phrases.

I'm not sure about multiple instances of Resource Manager or how that would work exactly. Maybe a question for @Brogan?

You need to contact @Bob directly to purchase the product. As far as I know, he only does direct purchases.

Another option is if someone made a custom field filter, and then you could likely do things with custom fields.

@Disciple of Nagash have you seen my add-on "Threadmarks" (paid add-on)?

This is what SpaceBattles use to host a lot of fanfiction, as it layers meta-data on top of a normal thread and then interacts with Thread Starter Alerts to send alerts when the thread starter makes a large post or a threadmark'ed post.

Improving the filtering is harder, as there really isn't a good solution for that yet :(

Top Bottom