• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Creating a beautiful looking SPOILER tag...

Awesome, thank you very much. :)
For all non-developers, including myself that took more than an hour to get this working, I will attach the add-on.
I am having a problem with this, if you could help me I would really appreciate it. I uploaded the files to their respective spots on the server and installed the XML. It created the spoiler_template and spoiler shows up in the addons page, however it doesn't parse at all, I just get
text
. Am I missing something?

Remove the spoiler_template you just created and re-import the add-on, that should fix the problem, also don't forget to upload all files.

I installed this, and it kind of works. When I load or refresh a page with a spoiler, I can see the hidden text while the page loads, and it's only hidden when it has finished loading.

nothing worth mentioning haha I'm not really good at tweaking things, I just got the Spoiler stuff out of there and made it so it only showed the title I entered after the equals sign. Oh and changed show spoiler to Show Content

I installed this, and it kind of works. When I load or refresh a page with a spoiler, I can see the hidden text while the page loads, and it's only hidden when it has finished loading.

try to add in your extra.css

Code:
.bbCodeSpoiler .spoilerContent
{
    display: none;
}

Thats absolutely intended. If you made the spoiler text hidden by default, then someone who doesn't have javascript enabled on their browser will NEVER be able to see the spoiler text. This way, the text is shown by default, and then hidden after it is confirmed that the user has javascript.

This is something called graceful degradation and it is something very important to good design.

Thats absolutely intended. If you made the spoiler text hidden by default, then someone who doesn't have javascript enabled on their browser will NEVER be able to see the spoiler text. This way, the text is shown by default, and then hidden after it is confirmed that the user has javascript.

This is something called graceful degradation and it is something very important to good design.

Jaxel, any chance you can release this as a small addon with the installation included. You new style is nice and would love to implement this on my board. Have you been able to add this BB code to the TinyMCE editor?

Top Bottom