• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

createTemplateObject error

Mythotical

I may have figured out a problem to my template display but I can't find where $this is defined so I can properly update the code to reflect:
PHP:
XenForo_XXXXX::createTemplateObject
Here is the error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method xPortal_ControllerPublic_Index::createTemplateObject()
The line with the code using $this:
PHP:
$xplft['temp_template'] = $this->createTemplateObject($xplft['temp_template'], $xplft);
Any help much appreciated.

Indigo

createTemplateObject() is a method in XenForo_View. I believe it's like that to nudge you into keeping all template-related code inside the view layer. :)

So, you would want to include that code inside of a custom view class.

Jeremy

Jaxel, there is no way you are a programming noob! For you to create XenPorta and XenCarta, that's amazing.

Mythotical

What? FOR SHAME!

I'm a programming noob... you shouldn't ever look to what I do to learn how to program...
LOL Actually I love the stuff you do but you figured it out before me and thanks to you I know one more thing for XenForo.

Jaxel, there is no way you are a programming noob! For you to create XenPorta and XenCarta, that's amazing.
LOL I need to get XenCarta and play with it.

Jeremy

LOL Actually I love the stuff you do but you figured it out before me and thanks to you I know one more thing for XenForo.

LOL I need to get XenCarta and play with it.
I haven't actually played with either, but we bashed coding ideas / found solutions together a while ago. So I know its amazing. I haven't installed any add-ons besides my own. And only one has gone "full-throttle" in the past 2 days, nearly ready for release.