XF 1.2 Create limit of posts before someone can post.

palmer

Hello everyone,
Relatively new to xenforo but wondering is there a way to allow subsections of my forum a minimum number of posts before they can post on it? I have a look at permissions but couldn't really make it out. Thanks!

Create a new user group. Revoke the posting permissinos for the registered user group on the specific nodes, allow it on your new user group. Create a user group promotion with the criteria of 10 posts.

Create a new user group. Revoke the posting permissinos for the registered user group on the specific nodes, allow it on your new user group. Create a user group promotion with the criteria of 10 posts.
Thanks I am just stuck on the last part create another new user group? How do I change the criteria to just 10 posts? :)

Hey Jeremy, having a bit of trouble, I did everything you said, created new user group, then took away posting permissions for registered users on the specific node and gave allowed it on new user group. Just created a user group promotion with 5 posts and I can't post on it as admin or as a new user? Any ideas why? With the new user I posted 6 times.

Hey Jeremy, having a bit of trouble, I did everything you said, created new user group, then took away posting permissions for registered users on the specific node and gave allowed it on new user group. Just created a user group promotion with 5 posts and I can't post on it as admin or as a new user? Any ideas why? With the new user I posted 6 times.
Can you confirm that this is your set-up?

Specific nodes - post permission for registered users set to Revoke (not Never!) and for New User Group set to Allow
Registered group - post permissions set to Allow
New User Group - post permissions set to Not Set (No)

Usergroup promotion
- Promotion Options: Add to New User Group
- Apply Promotion: User has posted at least X messages set to 5

This will add anyone with 5 or more posts to the New User Group as a secondary usergroup. All users have Registered as their primary group

Note that the Group Promotions Cron runs only once every hour (I think). To test it's working for yourself, you can run it manually
ACP > Tools > Cron Entries > User Group Promotions
Click on Controls and then Run

Last edited:
Top Bottom