• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[CrazyIM] User-Friendly Links in Profile Sidebar - "Start A Conversation, Edit Profile, etc"

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@rc

This add-on just adds a block with a few extra user-friendly links ( CSS hover effect included ) to the sidebar of Profiles at your xenForo forum.
You can also disable/enable which links to display in the left sidebar of profiles. ( Admin Control Panel -> Options -> [CrazyIM] Profile Links )
( This add-on Works with xenForo 1.1 and xenForo 1.1.1 )

When Viewing Member's Profile

Extra Links Added :
  • Start A Conversation
  • Members I Follow
  • View My Followers
  • Follow / UnFollow
  • Ignore Member / UnIgnore Member
member.webp

When Viewing Your Profile

Extra Links Added :
  • Edit My Profile
  • Edit My Signature
  • Edit My Contact Details
  • Edit My Privacy
  • Edit My Preferences
  • Edit My Alert Preferences
  • Edit My Avatar
  • Edit My Password
myprofile.webp

Useful Content Links :

In v1.2, "Useful Content" links were included. It's disabled by default.
To enable it : Admin Control Panel -> Options -> [CrazyIM] Profile Links -> Enable "Useful Content Links" SideBar? -> Mark -> Save

enable-useful-content-links.webp

ScreenShot of "Useful Content Links" :

useful-content-links.webp

Installation Instructions :

1. Download and unzip.
2. Upload the contents of the library folder to your xenForo's library folder.
3. Import the XML file Via your Administration Panel.

It's that easy as saying 1, 2 & 3, :sneaky:

Upgrading Instructions :
  1. Download and unzip.
  2. Upload the contents of the library folder to your xenForo's library folder. ( this is only required if you're using a version of this addon below v1.2 )
  3. Import the XML file Via your Administration Panel.
ChangeLog :

24th December 2011 : v1.0 to v1.1
  • Options to enable/disable links in the left sidebar of profiles Via Admin Control Panel. ( Admin Control Panel -> Options -> [CrazyIM] Profile Links )
  • More useful links were added to the left sidebar of profiles.
28th December 2011 : v1.1 to v1.2
  • "Useful Content Links" added with enable/disable option ( disabled by default ) .
  • More useful links were added to the left sidebar of profiles.
  • Different phrases ( Useful Profile Links: ) were added for the title of sidebars that displays on your own profile and visitor's profile.
29th December 2011 : v1.2 to v1.2.1
  • Links were sorted and the alerts link ( new ) was added to the sidebar of "Useful Content Links".
Editing Words :

If you want to insert your own words instead of the ones that I've chosen, listen up below, ;)

Navigate: Admin Control Panel -> Languages & Phrases -> Phrases

Phrase List : ( KEY: phrases are listed to the left while words to the right )
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_profile_links" = Useful Profile Links: ( For Your Own Profile )
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_profile_links2" = Useful Profile Links: ( For Visitor's Profile )
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_start_a_conversation" = Start a Conversation
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_members_i_follow" = Members I Follow
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_view_my_followers" = View My Followers
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_ignore_member" = Ignore Member
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_unignore_member" = UnIgnore Member
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_edit_my_profile" = Edit My Profile
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_edit_my_avatar" = Edit My Avatar
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_edit_contact" = Edit My Contact Details
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_edit_my_privacy" = Edit My Privacy
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_edit_preferences" = Edit My Preferences
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_edit_alert_preferences" = Edit My Alert Preferences
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_edit_password" = Edit My Password
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_edit_signature" = Edit My Signature
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_contentLinks" = Useful Content Links:
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_my_newsfeed" = My News Feed
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_alerts" = My Alerts
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_my_watched_threads" = My Watched Threads
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_my_posted_content" = My Posted Content
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_likes_content" = Likes My Content Received
  • "CrazYimProfileLinks_login" = Log In To View Content
All that you have to do is find the phrase and replace the word then save.
Download files in attachment and enjoy.

Attachments

to have the "Start Conversation" is great, but I do not understand your links for "Follow/Followers" as those are already listed at the profiles... ?
can those be deactivated ?

How does this look like when not logged-in ?

the "Edit my Profile / Privacy / Avatar" is great !

to have the "Start Conversation" is great, but I do not understand your links for "Follow/Followers" as those are already listed at the profiles... ?
can those be deactivated ?
I'll include a disable/enable option in the next release, ;)

How does this look like when not logged-in ?
It looks the same, but the only link that's displayed is a link for the visitor to log in to view the content.
Text Link Displayed : "Log In To View Content"

Many thanks for this!!!
I have checked this and it looks great!

The phrase "Useful Profile Links" is O.K. for the Profile-Edit-Links, but for the public user-profile it would be good to have the ability to change this phrase.
Meaning: having 2 different phrases for "Useful Profile Links" would be better.
Because when having only the "Start a Conversation"-Link, then the wording "Useful Profile Links" does not fit properly as I would rather name it "Contact".

What I do not like:
when not being logged-in, it shows a link named "Log In To View Content" , which opens an overlay. It would be much better to use the default header-drop-down for login instead of your custom overlay, as your overlay does not pull the password automatically when attempting to login.

Two other things which would be helpful and I guess would make sense to add as well:
- "Edit my Preferences"
- "Edit my Signature"

Another idea would be:
Add one more (optional) blue-box (visible only for the member on his own profile-page):

Name: "Useful Content Links"
- My News Feed
- My Content
- My Watched Threads
- etc.

Meaning: having 2 different phrases for "Useful Profile Links" would be better.
Done!
What I do not like:
when not being logged-in, it shows a link named "Log In To View Content" , which opens an overlay. It would be much better to use the default header-drop-down for login instead of your custom overlay, as your overlay does not pull the password automatically when attempting to login.
Done!

By the way, the password field is there, if that's what you're talking about, ;)
The phrase is missing in the overlay..

missing.webp
Two other things which would be helpful and I guess would make sense to add as well:
- "Edit my Preferences"
- "Edit my Signature"
Done!
Another idea would be:
Add one more (optional) blue-box (visible only for the member on his own profile-page):

Name: "Useful Content Links"
- My News Feed
- My Content
- My Watched Threads
- etc.
"My Content" = Posting ( visible tab on profile page )
"Watched Threads" is already visible in the navigation menu when you're viewing pages of the forum.
"News Feed" should be better off as a link in the navigation menu to be honest. ( eg. at xenForo.com : Home, Forums, Buy xenForo, Members, Help )

If you really want this, I'll add it then release, :coffee:

wow...quick.... @ M@rk ;)
...and you are also one of the coders who understands suggestions and improves your stuff!

let me check that one out.... I will report back :)

Many thanks in advance!

By the way, the password field is there, if that's what you're talking about, ;)
The phrase is missing in the overlay..

the issue in the previous version was that when attempting to login, the Password (which is saved on my computer - I assume as a cookie) was not showing automatically in the overlay.
Usually, the Password which I use to login is saved and showing in the Password-field automatically by default.
If you really want this, I'll add it then release, :coffee:
well, I think it would be better to have all that stuff in a box at the Profile-page as well. Not in the navbar.
But better add this as an "option" so that webmasters can choose whether to have this displayed or not.

well, I think it would be better to have all that stuff in a box at the Profile-page as well. Not in the navbar.
But better add this as an "option" so that webmasters can choose whether to have this displayed or not.
I've uploaded the latest version, ;)
Edited: I've edited the upgrading instructions. Remember to re-read it.

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!!!

absolutely great add-on, many thanks Marc!

2 more small suggestions, if you don`t mind:
- probably the link for "My Alerts" could be added as well, as this is the only one missing to have all of the available links displayed.... if I am correct?
- probably have the same "sort order" of the Links - meaning the same "sort order" as it is in the drop-down-box when you hoover over your username at the top-right in the navbar?

Please let me know your PayPal-address, a donation is coming your way! :)

2 more small suggestions, if you don`t mind:
- probably the link for "My Alerts" could be added as well, as this is the only one missing to have all of the available links displayed.... if I am correct?
- probably have the same "sort order" of the Links - meaning the same "sort order" as it is in the drop-down-box when you hoover over your username at the top-right in the navbar?
Done! Download attachment V1.2.1, (y)

Yes I just noticed that the "start a conversation" link was missing in the profile page, which I searched and led me to your mod. Very strange indeed. It's actually hard to find. I only discovered it on the annoying pop-up member card (which I will be removing). I'm trying to keep my site as simple as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom