XF 1.5 Crawl errors after moving from vBulletin to XenForo

vFranky

Hello,

I moved from vBulletin 3.8x to XenForo 1.5x and use your vBseo redirects. Most of the redirects are working, but around 2.000 not. No idea why. Google sent me an email with the following content ==>

Increase in server errors
Google detected a significant increase in the number of URLs we could not access. It is likely that your server had an internal error or was busy when attempting to process these requests.

Question: Is this a normal effect when moving from one forum to another? Or do I have a sitemap with 2.000 defekt links. And when this is the case, how can I remove the links forever. Otherwise Google might suggest, that my server has problems.

Kind regards,
Frank

Hello,

I moved from vBulletin 3.8x to XenForo 1.5x and use your vBseo redirects. Most of the redirects are working, but around 2.000 not. No idea why. Google sent me an email with the following content ==>

Question: Is this a normal effect when moving from one forum to another? Or do I have a sitemap with 2.000 defekt links. And when this is the case, how can I remove the links forever. Otherwise Google might suggest, that my server has problems.

Kind regards,
Frank

Take a look at the urls that arn't found, are they redirected threads, stuff thats been deleted etc?

Not found seems to be a lot of things, perhaps deleted things, for example old vB-Tags "/tags/test.html", but also not existing html-pages.
But there are also server errors where the files exist. But I don't thing my server has not enough power.

And I have a lot of "access denied", because directly after the converting from vB the acess to XenForo user profiles was possible for unregistered, but I changed the rights soon after. But not quick enough for google as it seems. Do I have to do something in this case too?

Last edited:
If the 404 not found are correct and you don't want those urls indexed, Google will eventually drop them without action on your part. We experienced similar after our migration.

Did you find a solution for redirection of vbulletin tags? its very important for SEO. Like you we are getting a mass of crawl error warnings on site.com/forum/tags.php

Top Bottom