cPanel/Apache/PHP/MYSQL

Craig

I understand PHP should be 5.4 at a minimum, but is 5.5 safe?
What versions should cPanel/Apache/MYSQL be at to ensure I get the most benefit from XenForo?

Thanks

I understand PHP should be 5.4 at a minimum, but is 5.5 safe?
What versions should cPanel/Apache/MYSQL be at to ensure I get the most benefit from XenForo?

Thanks
I run Litespeed (but Apache 2.4 is fine), along with PHP 5.6 and MariaDB 10 on my cPanel servers.

I run Litespeed (but Apache 2.4 is fine), along with PHP 5.6 and MariaDB 10 on my cPanel servers.
Thanks for the reply.
I am a noob, and the company I got my server from I guess has me pigeon holed to those specific items...

Apart from Litespeed, which is a plugin, the other versions are all officially supported by cPanel, so there is no reason why your server company shouldn't upgrade you to those versions.

Apart from Litespeed, which is a plugin, the other versions are all officially supported by cPanel, so there is no reason why your server company shouldn't upgrade you to those versions.

There are a lot of software compatibility issues with the latest versions, particularly WHMCS (at least for now), so a lot of hosting companies have not made the upgrade yet. Could offer multiple versions, but I'm personally not a huge fan of that for security reasons.

Top Bottom