Court case against my hackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Feb 9th 2012 Update!
The court has granted judgement in our favor against the defendents for the full amount claimed plus expenses.

Justice has prevailed!

Background Info here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hacked-grrr.19716/

Last week I applied to the courts for permission to serve the documents to a college address of the defendants.

Today, the wheels are turning.

Before District Judge Savage sitting at the Worcester County Court, The Shirehall, Foregate Street, Worcester, WR1 1EQ.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

Permission is given to the Claimant to serve the claim by post to the College address of the Defendants set out in the claim form.

For once, these people will be held to account for their actions :)

Will post any updates here, and if any of you need advise following hacks on your own site, within England, I can offer my help.

Friday 25th November Update
Certificate of service.
On the 25th November 2011 the claim form and attached evidence, a copy of which is attached to this notice was served on defendant 1 by First Class post at (address) being the defendants college.
The date of service is therefore deemed to be the 28th November 2011

Certificate of service.
On the 25th November 2011 the claim form and attached evidence, a copy of which is attached to this notice was served on defendant 2 by First Class post at (address) being the defendants college.
The date of service is therefore deemed to be the 28th November 2011

Notice of Issue
Your claim was issued on 16 November 2011. The court sent it to the defendant by first class post on 25/11/11 and it will be deemed served on 28/11/11. The defendants have until 12/12/11 to reply.

Thursday 12th January Update
Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (Hearing)

Before District Judge Savage sitting at the Worcester County Court, The Shirehall, Foregate Street, Worcester, WR1 1EQ.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

There be judgement for the Claimant for an amount to be decided by the Court.

The claim is allocated to the Small Claim Track with the following directions:

The hearing of the claim will take place at 2:00 PM on the 9 Feburary 2012 at Worcester County Court, The Shirehall, Foregate Street, Worcester, WR1 1EQ and should take no longer than 30 minutes.

PLEASE NOTE YOU CASE IS LISTED IN A BLOCK LIST, THIS MEANS YOU MAY NOT NECESSARILY BE SEEN AT THE TIME LISTED.

The Claimant is to file in court and copy to the Defendant by 30 January 2012 his calculations of losses sustained for which he claims.

The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.

Wow. Good luck, Slavik. This is perhaps the first time I'm seeing someone actually go after such nincompoops. (y)

Wow. Good luck, Slavik. This is perhaps the first time I'm seeing someone actually go after such nincompoops. (y)

If it was a simple defacing, then maybe I could have let it slide, however, the deletion of data which could cost the site thousands in the long run is inexcusable.

We have nightly backups, however the hack occured just an hour before the next backup, so we lost 23 hours worth of data. Followed by a weeks downtime in inspecting the code and site templates for anything malicious.

I don't care that it is interesting. I hope you simply find justice and help make a stance for those who think they are above the law when they damage property that's others' just (usually) because they got into a dispute with the web site, or were no longer welcome because of their own actions.

Best of luck.

This is the first I've heard of someone getting a hacker in court so I am very interested in the outcome.

Great ! Good luck hang em suckers .

I remember loosing month old data from my forum which was hacked when i was out of United states.

They probably didn't count on being caught, least of all being punished for their crime
Stupid bloody people. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom