Couple more functions looking to replicate

Dragonfruit

A couple more functions I'm looking to replicate from the current board to XenForo:

- Removing Report Button or just blocking the post from being reported again. Testing in Demo, even after the report has been resolved, I was able to report on it again. Once staff moderates the reported post, it shouldn't be reportable anymore. On our vB, users can only report a post once, once someone reports it, the Report button vanishes, that's the indicator to everyone that the post was reported.

- Set all replies to Moderation per thread. In some discussions, especially Political, it can get very heated. During the extreme moments, we put the thread into a Moderation, so that all replies have to be reviewed & approved first, as a form of crowd control.

Is there any way the above 2 functions is possible on XenForo?

Thanks,

Removing Report Button or just blocking the post from being reported again. Testing in Demo, even after the report has been resolved, I was able to report on it again. Once staff moderates the reported post, it shouldn't be reportable anymore. On our vB, users can only report a post once, once someone reports it, the Report button vanishes, that's the indicator to everyone that the post was reported.
What if another user wants to report the post for a different reason, or the post is edited by the author and contains content again that should be reported?

Personally I wouldn't worry about issue 1. You may think because this is a setting in vB and not XF, that all of a sudden you will get flooded with erroneous reports. But this has never happened to me.

If you happen to warn the member of the post in question, there is an option to post a public message. This could help you with your issue, in letting people know it's been dealt with.

[✓] This will be visible to anyone who can see the content for which this member is being warned. (text box)

What if another user wants to report the post for a different reason, or the post is edited by the author and contains content again that should be reported?

The case of someone drastically changing their content has never happened. We did have people confused that they couldn't report it, then bring it to us on a Member Support section where any thing they post, can only be seen by us, or private message to a staff directly. But even those numbers aren't as high as the multi-reporting that occurred.

Which makes me worried about the "Crowd Control", some elitist groups could potentially abuse it.

Personally I wouldn't worry about issue 1. You may think because this is a setting in vB and not XF, that all of a sudden you will get flooded with erroneous reports. But this has never happened to me.

If you happen to warn the member of the post in question, there is an option to post a public message. This could help you with your issue, in letting people know it's been dealt with.

[✓] This will be visible to anyone who can see the content for which this member is being warned. (text box)
It wasn't, it was a mod/hack that I had to implement to reduce the over reporting - even after we've addressed it.

Top Bottom