country-list at homepage and categories or forums per country

erich37

I am thinking of having on the Homepage just a list of about 120 countries, so nothing else but countries and the logo. Probably having a static page or preferable a XF-page with just a list of countries.

Then when a user clicks on any country, he will be forwarded to the Forum, or respectively to the Country-Category or Country-Forum.

So literally I would like to run a Forum for each of about 120 countries, but I do not want to have those 120 countries listed as Forums or Categories on the Homepage itself.

So for example similar to Craigslist, where you have a list of countries and then being directed to the country-category or country-forum.

How to do this ?

Appreciate your help.

Well page nodes support php callbacks, although it's not required in this situation so I can't see there would be a difference in this case as it's just basic html/css.

Hmm... so the difference is prefernce, and considering they both utilise templates they're both effectively being used as templates...

Unless Erich was to use the PHP callback to auto-generate his list of countries...

ideally, I want to also show the members per country..... or search for members by country.
But I guess I would need to buy a XF-licence for each country then :eek:

You only need one XF license. You should be able to do something like the online users does, where it loops through all the online users.

You could loop through each Location field and categorise your users per country. This may be possible using just templates, or it could be possible using a PHP callback.

You only need one XF license. You should be able to do something like the online users does, where it loops through all the online users.

You could loop through each Location field and categorise your users per country. This may be possible using just templates, or it could be possible using a PHP callback.

hmmm.... that sounds great!

not sure of how to do this, maybe there is somebody out there who can write a mod for this?

Top Bottom