• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Countdown

Travis

When running competitions,I would like a box below the navigation,above the forums,that could countdown to a certain date/time. This would probably be a fairly simple add-on.

Anyone else interested or Willing to give it a go?

Likes are only for core software suggestions, to give Mike and Kier an idea of how popular they are.

I'm not sure they have much sway in the add-on requests forum :D

Gotcha. But, I'm assuming that those coders/programmers that are looking to create add-ons are going to look at the requests with lots of likes to get the most potential 'bang for their buck'. :)

Gotcha. But, I'm assuming that those coders/programmers that are looking to create add-ons are going to look at the requests with lots of likes to get the most potential 'bang for their buck'. :)
Absolutely correct.

Coders search the add-on forums looking for the most popular add-on ideas, so the "likes" are very important.

You beat me to it!! I think that is exactly what he's after, and like you say all you have to do is edit the date/time on there and that's so simple to do!! It may be a case of he wants more of an Add-On than a template edit but it will get the ball rolling to start with for sure!!
Well, I can't seem to get started with creating add-ons :( Got no clue on how to start :S

Any good tutorials you know? :D

Well, I can't seem to get started with creating add-ons :( Got no clue on how to start :S

Any good tutorials you know? :D
I have no idea either, and to be honest I'm not even going to start looking into it until it's out of beta, simply because things are still subject to change quite rapidly if the developers see fit. But from what people are pumping out so far, it's looking very good for xf!!

Top Bottom