Could someone give me an idea on how this could be done?

Trover

Could it be possible to allow certain user groups admin only privileges "ex. creating a node / editing user details etc." on the front end through a custom template?

You can do this:
1. create a custom template with the <form>....</form> which is only displayed to specific usergroups.
2. create a basic php script that will do all the action. On the PHP level you can create nodes, edit user details. It is not important whether the user has the privileges or not. As PHP is "executed" at the admin level.

I would be VERY specific on what you want to do, and how the template should look like. I guess for a first time coder, it may be useful to just hire a coder here. Maybe you could get that done for 50-100 USD.

If you want to do it on your own, it is important to learn MVC PHP. And learn the basics about routes, controllers, models and views.

so do you know how I could get a copy of say /admin.php?nodes/ to display on /route/nodes with a custom template ?

You really not only need a tamplate, but all the PHP script behind. From what you want you also need a basic PHP script to fill data to your template where you want to do the admin "stuff".

You really not only need a tamplate, but all the PHP script behind. From what you want you also need a basic PHP script to fill data to your template where you want to do the admin "stuff".

do you know what files i would need to look at to make a copy of the node create admin page?

I am sorry it is really much more complicated :( I would take a look into MVC PHP - and how to handle arrays. It may take one evening if you have some basic PHP understanding. And then you can see through the code. Without that knowledge, you can't actually do nothing.

I am sorry it is really much more complicated :( I would take a look into MVC PHP - and how to handle arrays. It may take one evening if you have some basic PHP understanding. And then you can see through the code. Without that knowledge, you can't actually do nothing.
yeah I understand ! you said before that someone could potentially develop this, do you have any experience with developers ?

I have developed four or five addons by three different devs and they were all very helpful and the products were of outstanding quality.

Top Bottom