Could I do this with a single license, or would I be hunted down by the Spanish Inquisition...

Caelum

Yeah, so, basically, a quick licensing question. Here's what I'd ideally like to have:

• One instance of XF running a live forum on domain A
  • One instance of XF running for demo/development purposes on domain B. Preferably, but not necessarily, with a dummy account for everyone's testing needs, but not intended as a proper, active forum.
The former is obviously just a live forum; can I do the latter without the need for a second license? And if so, does it need to be passworded? Would alternatively just disabling registration work? Would I definitely need a second license either way?

Again, the second one would basically only be used for development/skin demos. If necessary I can disable registration/throw a password over it/etc. But yeah, just checking if I can do this :p

Cheers

As long as the second installation isn't available to the general public, is only for you and your site staff and is password protected, then you can do that with a single license.

This is the exact text of the license:
You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

Top Bottom