Copyrights in Footer

Aayush

I've seen lot of developers using different places for adding the copyright info in the footer for their addons. Shouldn't all of us use a common place to stack the copyrights so it's easier for the theme designers to generalize the theme. It would also ensure that our addons don't break the theme on the users end and cause them frustration.
What do you guys think?

I've seen lot of developers using different places for adding the copyright info in the footer for their addons. Shouldn't all of us use a common place to stack the copyrights so it's easier for the theme designers to generalize the theme. It would also ensure that our addons don't break the theme on the users end and cause them frustration.
What do you guys think?

It's something that has been discussed in great depth before: - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/copyright-overlay.48140/

Nah, it's fine. Just thought I'd let you know about what has previously been discussed. The issue is still relevant now.

I think all of us should join forces to solve this issue! :)
About the only thing you can do is not purchase products that have a copyright. Trying to force change on developers/designers is just a good way to piss them off and make them hesitant to release anything.

About the only thing you can do is not purchase products that have a copyright. Trying to force change on developers/designers is just a good way to piss them off and make them hesitant to release anything.
Or pay for copyright removal if the option is available.

Or pay for copyright removal if the option is available.
That would be logical wouldn't it? The problem is the people who make the biggest deal out of copyright notices tend to be the ones who don't ever buy the branding free (or rarely buy them).

I wouldn't agree on this, the developers work really hard on the resources and I would love for them to get the required credit. What I am asking the developers is to work together to agree unanimously on a common pattern of copyrights placement in the footer so that the users get better themes on their forums.

You will never reach consensus with every developer, designer, people doing template edits and packaging them as add-ons, etc.

Since we don't have any development docs already, I think we could decide something unanimously for the new comers to follow. Anyways we have to start somewhere though.

I cant imagine why a developer would have much interest in making their copyrights uniform in anyway when they sell brand free options.. An ugly footer will certainly entice some to purchase copyright removal rights.

I cant imagine why a developer would have much interest in making their copyrights uniform in anyway when they sell brand free options.. An ugly footer will certainly entice some to purchase copyright removal rights.
While it would be enticing, I feel it would not be ethical to have a great product with an ugly footer.

Top Bottom