XF 2.2 Copyright worries

Privateland

Hi
I have seen a few references to board admins who are concerned that users may post unlicensed material via the "attach files" button.
I have also seen some exasperation on the part of experienced users from which I infer that this is an old chestnut. What I can't see is a solution.

I have already been sued because a user on a Wordpress forum added some html code embedding a remote unlicensed image, and am keen not be taken down that road again.

My solution as it stands from the PoV of xenForo is to simply deny users the right to upload attachments, which is a shame albeit necessary.

Am I missing some functionality/availability of add-on that would allow me to place attachments in a moderation queue awaiting approval?

Sorry if this exasperates :)

Regards
John

It's all about your privacy policy and terms of use. you should say something like:

By publishing Content to this website, you grant us a unlimited license to use & publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

Therefore, the burden of the copyright material is on the poster, not the website.

With wordpress, you're both, and therefore it's much easier for the lawyers to go after WP sites (which is happening like crazy right now)

Top Bottom