Copyright question

Ray

I stumbled upon this site:
http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/index.php

As you can see, the copyright notice doesn't link to XenForo.com
(I'm not questioning whether or not he/she purchased the branding-free option, I'm just using his site as an example to better understand the License Agreement)

I read the License Agreement and under 2. Rights, regarding the above and ALL XenForo copyright notices, it states:

All copies of the Software must contain the same proprietary notices that appear on and in the Software, including all copyright notices embedded in the Software, which must remain unaltered from the original and visible at all times, unless by specific prior arrangement with XenForo Limited.

Question:
This last statement is what's got me confused. Does that mean that if I ask XenForo Limited to grant me permission to MODIFY the copyright notice, it "MAY" be granted without me having to purchase the branding-free option? (because this is what I'm thinking of when reading that last line and it wouldn't be fair for those who have purchased the branding-free option)

Suggestion:
I think it should be reworded to "unless the branding-free option has been purchased" or something similar and specific. Up until now, I always thought that the only way to modify the copyright notice was by purchasing the branding-free option.

Thanks

I'll make Ashley aware of this post but essentially, if XenForo Limited chooses to allow someone to modify the copyright then that is their prerogative.

Reactions: Ray
Top Bottom