Copyright Question - Help a YouTuber

=MGN=RedEagle

Hi guys,

I would love your thoughts about if the following would be a violation of copyright:

I play a game which has servers and multiplayer. In those multiplayer games there are avatars for the users and art which is basically images transferred into the game.

Some of these avatars and images are simple copied from Google. They are copyrighted images and sometimes logos.

I want to take videos in these multiplayer servers and put them online. In my videos some of these copyrighted images may show up. Is that ok? Is it considered my offence or the user's.

I am no solicitor or anything, but I would say it is a breach of copyright. However, I would think the chances of you getting in to trouble for this is almost zero. This is not advice, just an opinion.

Hello @FaithFirst, sounds similar to those "Lets play" YouTube videos. Generally they're OK and tolerated by the producers as they provide good publicity.

I think if you put a disclaimer acknowledging the original creators you'll be fine, but don't quote me on that.

Hello @FaithFirst, sounds similar to those "Lets play" YouTube videos. Generally they're OK and tolerated by the producers as they provide good publicity.

I think if you put a disclaimer acknowledging the original creators you'll be fine, but don't quote me on that.
I have full permissions from the game developer, I spoke with him personally. It's the in-game avatars and "art" which are just google images that worry me.

Top Bottom