• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Copying Nodes from one Xenforo to Another

I have a bit of an issue.
I installed Xenforo and setup about 30 nodes.
Something came up and I forgot about the install for about 6 months.
Now I have like 100 thousand spam bots as members, and 500 thousand posts.

Im not even going to try and clean this up, but what I want to do is copy the nodes I have set up on the old install to my new install.

I tried copying the database for the nodes and the nodes show up on the forum list, but say error not found when clicked. Even in the admin, when I click on the node name to edit, it says not found.

I have pretty much figured that I missing some database entries but I do not know what they are.
I was hoping that someone here has some experience with this and could help me out.

I really dont want to re add all 30 nodes if I dont have to.

Thanks for any help on this issue...

Matthew

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I have a bit of an issue.
I installed Xenforo and setup about 30 nodes.
Something came up and I forgot about the install for about 6 months.
Now I have like 100 thousand spam bots as members, and 500 thousand posts.

Im not even going to try and clean this up, but what I want to do is copy the nodes I have set up on the old install to my new install.

I tried copying the database for the nodes and the nodes show up on the forum list, but say error not found when clicked. Even in the admin, when I click on the node name to edit, it says not found.

I have pretty much figured that I missing some database entries but I do not know what they are.
I was hoping that someone here has some experience with this and could help me out.

I really dont want to re add all 30 nodes if I dont have to.

Thanks for any help on this issue...

Matthew
Is there anything of value in them? If not, just deleting them and re-adding manually is probably the easiest way...

Is there anything of value in them? If not, just deleting them and re-adding manually is probably the easiest way...
No, there is nothing of value, i didn't even want any messages, they are all spam....
OK, that's what I was thinking, I just didn't want to if i could copy a database or 2.

This is where better member and post management tools in the ACP would come in VERY handy. >.<
Yes, I know now... I have XenUtiles ??? and it is working perfect.

I had setup the forum and forgot about it, got busy with other stuff....

Thanks for the information
Matthew

Mike Edge

Just export them in phpmyadmin and drop the new default one the new install makes and then import your export sql dump.

Just export them in phpmyadmin and drop the new default one the new install makes and then import your export sql dump.
Thanks....
I just figured it out that I need to export/import both Nodes and Forums....
Jeez.. Ive been messing with this so long all the words are running together, never seen the database forums until just now..

Rob

If you export the nodes table and forums then import them and rebuild the relevant counters. Hopefully that will work. Keep us posted as I need to also do this.

Just found this thread.

I have a similar issue but I am unsure how to accomplish my task with the given information.
So I want to export a few forum nodes to a different xenforo website. I want to keep all information in the nodes. They are the most important things anyways for me.
Basically I want to copy the nodes and keep all information and the node structure.
Is that even possible and if yes, what is the best way to do this? I must admit though I am not the most experienced guy when it comes to database handling. Some easy to understand instructions would be appreciated. I am not an IT pro. The website I am working on is just a side project.

Btw, should I have made a new thread for this request?

andybond

If you dont want to pay for a custom script you can do a bit of a workaround !

Export the xenforo that is in an alternative location to a free solution ( such as phpBB ) then import back into your live Xenforo.

Its not quick, but it will do what you need.

If you dont want to pay for a custom script you can do a bit of a workaround !

Export the xenforo that is in an alternative location to a free solution ( such as phpBB ) then import back into your live Xenforo.

Its not quick, but it will do what you need.
hmm..but I don't want to export the whole forum. Just a few nodes. Or are you implying I can export the nodes from phpBB easier?

Also a custom script would extract the corresponding tables from the database and insert them into the new one right?
Is it possible to do that manually? I mean I just need the names of tables right? And then find the corresponding rows inside it?
What is the table name for forum nodes within MySQL?

andybond

Export the whole lot , then remove from the phpBB instance.

Create a new node in your xenforo board , and import from the phpBB into the new node. You retain control then if anything goes wrong as you can delete the node , rather than have to pick through multiple incorrectly created categories etc.