Copying node/forum permissions?

borgqueenx

Is this even possible? i dont see it anywhere. This will cost me alot time if i need to add permissions to every forum i make, with every usergroup. Making a site with about 20 forums i need to add permissions to 6 usergroups for every forum wich cost about 1 minute every time makes it take 120 minutes to complete this task.

There is no function which does that.

Permissions are somewhat different to other forum software so it's worth familiarising yourself with how they work.
You only need to set permissions in the parent node and permissions are cumulative.
There's a guide in my signature which explains that.

hmm, so if i understand correctly, i can edit a specific forum under a parent wich will then override the parent's permissions only for that specific option?
example:
parent category has "Vote on polls" on yes.
Then automaticly the forum "test forum" under it have it on "yes". Correct?
Then switching the permission "Vote on polls" to no in "test forum", will only overwrite the "vote on polls" for that specific usergroup? Or will it overwrite all the permissions for that specific forum for that usergroup.(but they should not be different then parent right?)

hope i explain it well :P Your link in your signature did not talk much about node permissions. only about usergroup global permissions.

Top Bottom