Cookie purposes

Questions:
  • I also do not get a xf_from_search cookie, when I visit the forum from Google. Reason?
Did you test this in a fresh context, eg. all cookies were cleared before?
I do get this cookie on our forums as well as here on xenforo.com

• After how many days/weeks/months/years will xf_tfa_trust expire? On my machine it is set till the year 2072. 😲
Should be 45 days:
PHP:
$this->app->response()->setCookie('tfa_trust', $key, 45 * 86400, null, true);

I have mine displayed for guests because it tells them that we're the real deal and we've got their ip address details.
What i don't like is ongoing problems with spam and other known online pests that try to bring my forum down by posting up rubbish on it.
Hence why i'm a bit strict on my forum.
Where i used to post i got lots of haters who just want to see the end of me which is not what we want.

I have mine displayed for guests because it tells them that we're the real deal and we've got their ip address details.
What i don't like is ongoing problems with spam and other known online pests that try to bring my forum down by posting up rubbish on it.
Hence why i'm a bit strict on my forum.
Where i used to post i got lots of haters who just want to see the end of me which is not what we want.
Did you post in the right thread? I don't really understand the context of your message for this thread.

Reactions: FTL
Top Bottom