Converting from vBulletin

sophie1204

My apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.

In converting from VB 3.8.2, what (if anything) can I expect to lose during the process? Will I still have all my categories and forums, or will these have to be rebuilt? What about permissions? Passwords? Profile Info? Will attachments and linked photos still show up? I have a mod forum that's invisible to anyone who isn't a mod -- what will happen to that?

Sorry, but I've never switched from one forum software to another, and just want to know what to expect.

Categories, forums and posts will be imported, as will user groups, permissions, users, passwords, private messages, avatars and attachments.
Positive reputation is imported as post likes.

Private forums should be imported correctly and set as private nodes.

You may need to check and edit some of the user group and user permissions after import, as there have been a few instances of permissions not being carried across properly.

The suggested method is to do a test import first and thoroughly check how everything has been imported.
That will then give you an idea of what needs to be done for the final import.

Below is a screenshot of the current vB 3.7/3.8 importer in 1.0.2.

vb_import.webp

Fair enough. On the other hand, there are lots of people who are using vB4, even if you feel otherwise. Thus they might not want to pay extra for a conversion. But that's the business decision of the company.

Top Bottom