Converter for IP.Downloads

JoelR

I would like to formally request a converter for files in IP.Downloads (Invision Power Services) to XF Resource Manager.

I would give you a long, eloquent answer about how as the overall XenForo framework matures with applications .... blah blah opportunity for users to build a holistic community ... blah blah multiple methods to share and convey different forms of content ...

But the short answer is that I'm stuck on IP.Board + IP.Downloads and I want to move over. But I can't. So I need the converter. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only IPS client who wants a converter for IP.Downloads to XFRM.

Upvote 6
The issues comes when the uploads in IP Downloads has multiple files and xenForo doesn't handle multiple files just yet.

That's a good question. Just thinking aloud, here are possible solutions:
1. The converter grabs the most recent file, which would reasonably be the most up-to-date one.
2. The converter creates a new entry in XFRM per file, which would ensure that every file is moved over. This might be better if there are multi-part files and each file is needed.

Won't it cause duplicate issue on search engines then?

In the hierarchy of importance, search engine rankings and SEO are secondary to actually keeping the files. It would be reasonable to think that the admin would later go and clean up the files, change the custom descriptions, double check everything, etc ...

But the short answer is that I'm stuck on IP.Board + IP.Downloads and I want to move over. But I can't. So I need the converter. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only IPS client who wants a converter for IP.Downloads to XFRM.

I'm actually surprised there is no converter. IP. Downloads is an official addon from IPB as Resource Manager is from XF.

Count my vote as well. I have some old files in IP.Downloads sitting unused & hidden since I have no time to copy and paste everything over to the RM any time soon.

Top Bottom