convert "vb4" in "XF"

14DH01

hello,
I own a forum "vbulletin 4.2.0"

How's it going for my links in my posts?
we have lots of links, to indicate our tutorials, to users,
the "URLs are preserved?
I ask this because when I converted my forum "phpbb" by vbulletin I lost all address "url" in my posts.

My forum is set to:
Address rewriting URLs: URLs rewritten addresses

Installation Service - $50*

A XenForo representative will install the latest version on your server, provided it meets the requirements. This does not include PHP or MySQL installation or configuration.

This is valid for commissioning from a new installation or you support the conversion?

cordially
my forum
cibiforum.org

hello,
I own a forum "vbulletin 4.2.0"

How's it going for my links in my posts?
we have lots of links, to indicate our tutorials, to users,
the "URLs are preserved?
I ask this because when I converted my forum "phpbb" by vbulletin I lost all address "url" in my posts.

My forum is set to:
Address rewriting URLs: URLs rewritten addresses

This is valid for commissioning from a new installation or you support the conversion?

cordially
my forum
cibiforum.org

Hi there,

If you mean links people have posted in your forum are preserved, then yes they are. You would then use the URL redirection scripts to convert them from the old format to the new one.

The installation service does not cover import.

Thank you for response
You would then use the URL redirection scripts to convert them from the old format to the new one.

you have documentation to see how it is done?
I'm not famillier with "XF"
and I want the conversion happens without "breaks"
Thank you for your compréhesion

Here are the redirect scripts:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/redirection-scripts-for-vbulletin-3-x.264/

You just upload them and edit the config file to point to your XF directory. In addition, if you were using some form of friendly URLs in vB4 then some rewrite rules will be needed to direct the old URLs to the redirect scripts. It's all very doable. I am available to help with this if needed.

I do not have access to the documentation included in the zip because I'm not yet a customer.

I do not understand how it will transform my links in my post in the correct places after conversion ?

I currently vbulletin with something like:
Code:
my-domaine.org/forum/threads/11700-Hp-1000-mode-d-emploi
XF in:
Code:
my-domaine.org/forum/threads/Hp-1000-mode-d-emploi.11700/

okay converter can.
But to make the changes in a post, I do not understand how your script works, and if I leave it in place as the ffile htaccess. or is it just to convert the links in the posting?

I do not buy "XF" eyes closed I prefer to ask before
I think you understand my concern

Top Bottom