1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphic convert to trasparent

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by Kelvin, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin Active Member

Is there anyone that can convert the background to transparent.

Thank you in advance

glass1.jpg

glass.jpg

2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I quickly did the image you initially posted before you added the other glass (I'll leave that for someone else to do).

Someone will be able to do a better job (as i didn't have much time to spend on it) probably best waiting for someone else to do this image for you.

Attached Files:

RoldanLT likes this.
  3. Kelvin

Kelvin Active Member

Many thanks Shelley, looks good to me.:)

4. Shelley

Got a few minutes spare and did the other but I'm quite confident you could locate some better images via google that are transparent. :)

Attached Files:

5. Kelvin

Kelvin Active Member

Thats where i got these two, i could not find any that are transparent.

thanks for doing the second one for me.

6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

pilsner.png guiness.png article-new_ehow_images_a08_2o_q2_beer-mug-centerpiece-ideas-800x800.jpg
    Just three I found real quick and sized them down and made the background transparent. Won't be as good of job as Shelley can do as I just use Gimp to add an alpha channel and then clear the background. If these are to large they can be sized down easily.

Kelvin and Shelley like this.
  7. Kelvin

Kelvin Active Member

Hey thank you Tracy, I will put them in what i call my beer glass library for the future

Shelley likes this.
  8. Shelley

That's actually a better crop than what I did. :D I used the magic wand tool where normally to crop objects I normally use the Pen Tool which does a better job. But yeah, the crop you made are of much better quality what aren't you telling me? You a secret wizard in photoshop? :D

Anyhow, nice job with that. (y)

Tracy Perry likes this.
  9. Tracy Perry

Thanks, and nope.. I've downloaded the trial version - and am overwhelmed by it. I just use Gimp, add an alpha channel, use the fuzzy select tool in the areas I want to remove and then clear them. It makes those areas into transparent. I could bust even further and blow the image up and use the pen to catch the ones that it misses, but for most use it's like horseshoes and hand grenades - it's close enough. :p

Shelley likes this.
  10. Kelvin

Kelvin Active Member

Tracy Or Shelley can convert these to png transparent. images46.jpg image44.jpg images.jpg

there glasses are for the read and unread and the books are for my book forum i will resize them because not sure yet what size i want

thank you

11. Tracy Perry

Hope these work for you.
    EDIT (AFTER Shelley liked the post): Shelley's mugs were MUCH better than mine so I removed them. Use hers as they are of great quality.

Attached Files:

• 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      14.6 KB
      Views:
    Shelley likes this.
  12. Shelley

Attached Files:

13. Tracy Perry

:LOL: I just happened to check at the right time.
    Choice is good, depending on the theme the shadows could work and if not then there is the non-shadow choice. :)

Shelley likes this.
  14. Shelley

Great work you two. Nowhere else do I see this level of support. 3 choices, we could make this into a movie. :p

15. Tracy Perry

Rats.. EQNoble deleted his... I was going to make a comment about him coming from the "Bigger is Better" school. :D

16. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Well...lol tbh ...I uploaded the wrong ones...ie the ones that weren't finished. I figured that when I refreshed and saw the other options I would be safe to remove the redundancies (which since I uploaded the wrong ones made sense) and didn't realize I was ninja quoted. :)

Tracy Perry likes this.
  17. Kelvin

Kelvin Active Member

Thank you Shelley and Tracy, I will be keeping all.

Chears

18. Tracy Perry

You may want to grab the shadow books again. I just cleaned them up some more as I noticed some artifacts on a dark background when viewing them. Went in and cleaned it up as much as I could and uploaded it again.

Shelley likes this.
  19. Kelvin

Kelvin Active Member

Just a few more to be made transparent. 16561229-love-coffee-coffee-with-steam-form-of-hearts.jpg 7346870-illustration-of-a-cup-of-coffee-and-a-plate-with-a-croissant.jpg 10768475-coffee-break.jpg 12906388-three-isolated-coffee-beans-on-white-background.jpg 13710341-grunge-rubber-stamp-with-coffee-cup.jpg 15490943-coffee-cup-emblem.jpg

20. Tracy Perry

It will be a bit before I can get to work on them. Currently working at a local office rolling out a corp. antivirus solution, installing 28 new runs of cabling, and setting up 15 new desktops with the RMS software for a local doctor.