1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Conversion from vb4 works ok but redirection not

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by diego222, Mar 15, 2013.

1. diego222

diego222 Member

http://xenforo.com/help/import-redirection/
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-x-url-redirection.7584/

I followed those instructions, editing 301config.php with the information when complete import, uploading the files of the redirection add-on to the forum root (after making backup, I uploaded first to Xenforo directory and didn't work........ then I deleted them and uploaded to vbulletin directory.... and 500 server error).

I don't know how to do it.... Import everything ok, but without redirections.

2. diego222

diego222 Member

well... now every forum and every thread/post from vbulletin redirects to xenforo forum root....

3. diego222

diego222 Member

arrrr, sorry and 1000 time sorry (from 00:00 + or - until.... now. Spanish hour....) the problem was with not removing //. Well, ok, conversion ok...... redirection ok (from google, from manual links, etc...) but:

-VB was on "foro"
    -XF is on "xenforo"
    -well.... what I have to do if I want to move "xenforo" to "foro"...... because in "foro" I already have the modified files for the redirection...... I supose I have to chose "foros" instead..... right?

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That usually means the import_log table is not correctly named in the 301config.php file. Edit that file, remove the "//" from this line:

Code:
    //	define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'import_log_x');

...and try using archived_import_log for the name:

Code:
    	define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'archived_import_log');

That is usually the correct name. You can confirm it by looking in your database.

5. diego222

diego222 Member

look at my last post, sorry again :oops:

6. Jake Bunce

XF can be in the same directory as the redirect scripts. But you need to be mindful of rewrite rules in the same directory.

7. diego222

diego222 Member

-First, I have to follow those/these steps
    RewriteRule ^/old-dir/showthread.php /new-dir/showthread.php
    RewriteRule ^/old-dir/forumdisplay.php /new-dir/forumdisplay.php

-Second... do you mean I can delete ALL files and directories from "foro" (vbulletin directory) and keep only the files from redirect script?

8. Jake Bunce

Yes. The redirect scripts are standalone. You don't need the other vB files.

9. diego222

diego222 Member

oh, they only need to be in the original directory.

Then again (sorry, seriously) its safe to delete ALL files and directories? (well, I'll keep database and forum files/directories on my PC, maybe not neccesary but it not hurts).

10. Jake Bunce

The vB files are not needed.

11. SatGuyScott

SatGuyScott Active Member

HELP!

I am using NGINX. I used the Mod Rewrite method and placed the following in my nginx configuration file...

rewrite ^/threads/ /xen/threads;
    rewrite ^/forums/ /xen/forums;

It is working and taking me to the thread but its not taking me to the correct full url.

For example...

If I go to http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/279670-SatelliteGuys-FIRST-LOOK-DISH-s-Hopper-and-Joey

it takes me to... http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/satelliteguys-first-look-dishs-hopper-and-joey.279670/

You can see the thread... but there is no css as its taking out the xen in the redirect. If I go into the url bar and add /xen/ back in then the css and everything else works fine.

12. Jake Bunce

@SatGuyScott

That would be an incorrect board URL:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL