Conversation Read Alert - ThemesCorp.com [Paid] [Deleted]

Allan

Is this configurable per usergroup, i.e. give the feature to Admins only, can the option to receive it be selected per conversation and does it display who read it in multiple participant conversations?

Does this work on every message sent within a conversation?

Or just the first message

Hi Allan, do you have an answer for my first two questions. I see your screenshot answers my third one d'oh,

Is this configurable per usergroup, i.e. give the feature to Admins only, can the option to receive it be selected per conversation and does it display who read it in multiple participant conversations?

At the moment, there is no usergroup permission.

It does display for each user in multiple participant conversations (not tested but as designed).

All that is missing is usergroup permissions and it will be better than *******'s

https://*******.com/resources/read-pc-alert-confirmation.225/

At the moment *******'s add-on only sends alert for the first message and not all messages. It is strange.

I need alerts for all messages in a conversation

Ours has alerts for all messages in conversation, only missing thing is usergroup permissions.

One thing: we only alert that message in conversation has been read. That is to say if conversation has multiple unread messages, only one alert will be sent upon read.

Ours has alerts for all messages in conversation, only missing thing is usergroup permissions.

One thing: we only alert that message in conversation has been read. That is to say if conversation has multiple unread messages, only one alert will be sent upon read.
Makes sense otherwise you'd end up with a stack load of alerts for one conversation :o.

At the moment, there is no usergroup permission.

It does display for each user in multiple participant conversations (not tested but as designed).
Would you consider adding usergroup permissions and the ability to select which conversations to have alerts for? If these two features were added I would definitely buy the addon :).

Hi,

Regarding the second point, the issue is that notifications works in a two-ways, ie. alerts are received by the two user in the conversation (if they requested it from their user control panel preferences).

Hence, if I were to add a tick box in the conversation, how would that be handled for the other user ?

Clément

Does this resource alert you when someone looks at your contact card and profile?

Or it only alerts you when they go into your profile?

Hi,

Regarding the second point, the issue is that notifications works in a two-ways, ie. alerts are received by the two user in the conversation (if they requested it from their user control panel preferences).

Hence, if I were to add a tick box in the conversation, how would that be handled for the other user ?

Clément
Only the person sending it could request a receipt for that conversation ... have I read your question correctly?

Only the person sending it could request a receipt for that conversation ... have I read your question correctly?

Well no both user would receive notifications if they have the right to and didn't disable reception of this kind of alert in their control panel.
Hence why what you suggest wouldn't be totally compatible as is.

I don't get an alert, does anyone know why?

@Allan

Have you set usergroup permissions to receive conversation read confirmation alert ?

Clément

Well no both user would receive notifications if they have the right to and didn't disable reception of this kind of alert in their control panel.
Hence why what you suggest wouldn't be totally compatible as is.
Well as I see it no, why would a notification that it's been read be sent to the person who's read it?

Well as I see it no, why would a notification that it's been read be sent to the person who's read it?

I think you did not get what I meant.

With the addon, conversation read alert works in 2 ways.
When A send to B and B read, A gets a notification.
When B send to A and A read, B gets a notification.

Hence why the option on A side when he starts a conversation is not totally adapted.

Top Bottom