Add-on Conversation Pop Up?

A new conversation (or continued one) should trigger an alert like the other standard alerts when a new post is made to it.
The exception would be if the user has those alerts turned off.

Ideally looking for a push or pop up, something more obvious than a notice bell. I guess I could use the notices pop out?

+1 this, you should start a suggestion as I think this should be a core feature.

There's actually no way of doing this as far as I can see with a notice because there's no criteria for "User has an unopened conversation".

Hmmm

I don't see the option for new conversations.

Where is this in admin cp please?
Each user has to set that option... if you want to force it, it would most likely require extending the core XF functions via an add-on short of regularly directly editing the DB, which in itself is not a good idea.. not to mention that some users may not want that "feature" to happen.

You could run a SQL command on the database to set the option for all, however it wouldn't stop people from opting out in their profile preferences.

You could run a SQL command on the database to set the option for all, however it wouldn't stop people from opting out in their profile preferences.
People would still need to allow the permission within their browser, so mass enabling this feature probably wouldn't have much benefit.

Ah yes, we'd want to turn this on for everyone.
Are you wanting to pop-up when the user's browser is closed, or only when they are visiting the website..?

Top Bottom