Add-on Conversation after user upgrade

Allan

Are there an add-on that creates a conversation after user upgrade ? (to thank him for example)

As this add-on but with conversation: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-user-upgrade-email.3664/

I haven't seen something like this before but it is pretty easy to implement. I once did some custom work for a client and implementing this requires only 10-20 lines of code.

Hi @Aayush :)

Html enable in message ?
I'll add support for HTML, but will not be able to add support for BBCode.

@Aayush Will it support replacables used for most other places (warning PMs, notices, etc)? ie; {name}, {user_id}, etc.
Not sure about this, had thought about this initially, but I am not sure if I'll be able to parse this sort of stuff. Maybe I'll add a list of variables that can be used in the message and title, for which I'll have to create a custom parser.
If you have any idea how I could parse this kind of stuff using XF built in parser or something, please let me know.

I'll add support for HTML, but will not be able to add support for BBCode.
I would have thought it would have to be bbcode in conversations?

Not sure about this, had thought about this initially, but I am not sure if I'll be able to parse this sort of stuff. Maybe I'll add a list of variables that can be used in the message and title, for which I'll have to create a custom parser.
If you have any idea how I could parse this kind of stuff using XF built in parser or something, please let me know.
XF just does straight string replacements, nothing that fancy.

For example, XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic has the following code:
Code:
				$noticeTokens = array(
					'{name}' => $user['username'] !== '' ? $user['username'] : new XenForo_Phrase('guest'),
					'{user_id}' => $user['user_id'],
				);

XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('notices_prepare', array(&$noticeList, &$noticeTokens, $template, $containerData));

foreach ($noticeList AS $noticeId => $notice)
				{
					$notices[$noticeId] = array(
						'message' => str_replace(array_keys($noticeTokens), $noticeTokens, $notice['message']),
					);
				}

I would have thought it would have to be bbcode in conversations?

XF just does straight string replacements, nothing that fancy.

For example, XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic has the following code:
Code:
                $noticeTokens = array(
                    '{name}' => $user['username'] !== '' ? $user['username'] : new XenForo_Phrase('guest'),
                    '{user_id}' => $user['user_id'],
                );

XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('notices_prepare', array(&$noticeList, &$noticeTokens, $template, $containerData));

foreach ($noticeList AS $noticeId => $notice)
                {
                    $notices[$noticeId] = array(
                        'message' => str_replace(array_keys($noticeTokens), $noticeTokens, $notice['message']),
                    );
                }
Probably BBCode, IDK, it wouldn't be possible to add support for both, I'll still have to look into that part later.

Thats how I originally imagined I would be parsing stuff. I was looking for a function which I could invoke from the model directly.

Top Bottom