• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Convenient & clean user edit menu for thread view

There is a minor problem with the overlay and that is, when you make an edit it will automatically redirect to the admin page rather than auto-update in AJAX on the overlay.

There is a minor problem with the overlay and that is, when you make an edit it will automatically redirect to the admin page rather than auto-update in AJAX on the overlay.

Can an add-on over ride that part?

I'm trying to resolve the redirect issue and get the overlay to auto-update, preferably without having to turn it into a code add-on.

I don't think it would be possible without an add-on. Most likely, you'd need to build a route prefix. The form action would have to be ="{xen:link 'add-on/edit', $user}'. Or something similar.

That overlay would be great, if someone could make that an add-on I'd like to suggest it shows with a click on the username instead of the drop down menu as it is currently in the template mod. It would look cleaner and work simpler.

I got a feeling that that isn't good to be made ;)

In my eyes, an Admin Control Panel is most secure, so there you can edit everything.
If you are going to get rid of the Admin Control Panel, and make overlays, this will get you out of that secured area and this will make it easier for hackers or other bad people to **** up your forum.

I got a feeling that that isn't good to be made ;)

In my eyes, an Admin Control Panel is most secure, so there you can edit everything.
If you are going to get rid of the Admin Control Panel, and make overlays, this will get you out of that secured area and this will make it easier for hackers or other bad people to **** up your forum.
Perhaps, but they only show to admins so if your admin account has been hacked you've been compromised anyway.

The overlay will only work if you're logged into the ACP. If you're not logged into the ACP you get an error: "This action could not be completed because you are no longer logged in."

Perhaps, but they only show to admins so if your admin account has been hacked you've been compromised anyway.

The overlay will only work if you're logged into the ACP. If you're not logged into the ACP you get an error: "This action could not be completed because you are no longer logged in."
Yeah, but ACP can be .htaccess secured, this not

Indeed it can, but you need to be logged into the ACP to use the admin overlays, which means you would've had to put the htaccess password in as well as the ACP password, meaning in order to use the overlays you'd need to have both passwords.

The overlay should not bypass the htaccess AFAIK? If I understand overlays, they are just different ways of showing a page in XF.

This is great, though as was mentioned on page 1, there are no scroll bars in FF, so I have to scroll with the arrow keys. Also, +9999999 to the overlay idea :D

You can have scrollbars by replacing the JavaScript code with a regular link using <a target="_blank" href= etc.

Top Bottom