Content Blur Pro - Boost Registrations and Upgrades

Content Blur Pro - Boost Registrations and Upgrades [Paid] v2.1.6

No permission to buy ($30.00)
But it would be nice if it worked for articles too, we have about 200 of them - BIG articles..
Just a note, it works with Article pages, but does NOT block the actual article if you have [Do not blur the first X post(s) per page] set to 0 (zero).

If zero, it'll block the first reply onward. Not ideal, but that's currently what happens.

I suspect you have blocking starting at 0?

Wutime updated Increase Registrations by Blurring Post Text with a new update entry:

v1.6.0 - Article Targeting +

Features & Display
  • added [Article] type targeting
  • new "fade" effect for Articles (shows actual article text)
  • added ability to limit the number of times the registration link shows
  • randomized blur posts sizes so they're less uniform (4 varieties based on post size)
Options
  • added selection for Articles (default=off)
  • added option to choose the numbers of Article paragraphs to fade
  • added option to choose the number of posts to show registration link on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Are you running 2.3 on a live site?

No, I've not tested on 2.3 because it's not finalized yet. Still in RC.

@Wutime - Thank you for the update! :) I just purchased and installed on my site. Is it possible in the next update to wrap the "Please register or log in to view post content" text in a named div so we can style it?

Currently this message is in plain text right below the faded text and is a little confusing. It would be great if we could style it a little differently so it's clear this is a message and not part of the story.

screencap:

1721350383897.webp

@Wutime - Thank you for the update! :) I just purchased and installed on my site. Is it possible in the next update to wrap the "Please register or log in to view post content" text in a named div so we can style it?

Currently this message is in plain text right below the faded text and is a little confusing. It would be great if we could style it a little differently so it's clear this is a message and not part of the story.

screencap:

View attachment 306480
That's a great suggestion. Will do.

That's a great suggestion. Will do.
Thanks, @Wutime! :) I also found a couple issues that occur only on the dark theme available in 2.3.

1) The blurred text fades into the dark background. I think we need a version with light text specifically for the dark theme.

example:
1721356466776.webp

2) When targeting articles is enabled, the visible article text is black instead of the color specified in the style settings. Because of this, it blends into the background and is barely readable. Is it possible to have it respect the text color settings?

example:
1721356416645.webp

2) When targeting articles is enabled, the visible article text is black instead of the color specified in the style settings. Because of this, it blends into the background and is barely readable. Is it possible to have it respect the text color settings?
Hey, thanks.

Working on it now. Bit tricky because the blurred texts are actually graphic files. I'm going to have to get creative to make this more theme independent.

Appreciate the feedback.

Wutime updated Increase Registrations by Blurring Post Text with a new update entry:

v2.0.0 - XF 2.3 Compliant : Forwards/Backwards Compatible

** XF 2.3 Compliant - Forwards/Backwards Compatible **

Recommend uninstall/reinstall, but not required, updating works fine.

Overhauled and lots of changes, so reinstalling will reset to more appropriate preset defaults and ensure templates are overwritten as well as phrases revisited.
  • added "style property" for notice block for editing
  • added actual "login", "register" and "confirm email" link to notice block
  • added [Always show notice message on last post] option...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you for the update! :) I just purchased and installed on my site. Is it possible in the next update to wrap the "Please register or log in to view post content" text in a named div so we can style it?

This has been completely overhauled. The links are now actual links and loaded from a phrase. The styling can not only be targeted by CSS from multiple embedded <div>'s, but it's also a "style property" for the add on accessible through XF style properties page.

I recommend you play with the style property for this add-on before making any actual custom CSS changes. You likely don't need to do so anymore.

1) The blurred text fades into the dark background. I think we need a version with light text specifically for the dark theme.

This is now resolved. The add-on adheres to XF 2.3's dark/alternate theme. It actually uses whatever the theme's colours are for font and background, so should be friendly not only with XF's default light/dark, but also any custom theme's that correctly and properly implement XF 2.3's light/dark or default/alternate styles.

Fixed, same as above.

Note, the entire "blur" has been overhauled, it's now the actual text from each post.

Also, the blur on light is 70% opacity, and on dark, it's 100%. For some reason white and dark shows less promiment than dark on light. The aforementioned settings seem to be the perfect balance. If you're using strange colours for light/dark you can play with the setting in the:

Code:
wutime_forced_registration_blur_blurred.less

If unblurred, it's actually garbled text that just appears identical to the original text for aesthetic purposes. Also to accurately represent the actual text that would be there in each post if they were to register or upgrade.

For articles, you can choose the number of paragraphs they can see/read, until it fades to nothing, and the remainder is also unavailable until they login/register/upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom